Albuquerque anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #16 of 47
Hi Asr! There may be one or two. Hope you like hot food :) I even have an extra bedroom you can use, although I'm two hours from Albuquerque.

Well I'm not too much of a fan of hot/spicy Mexican, I generally prefer it mild to medium. But I always like great Mexican food nonetheless. Thanks for that offer, much appreciated! I think I'd actually take you up on that if you're north of Albuquerque, since that'd likely be on my way out and back (as I'd want to take the "scenic" route instead of I-25).
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 47
So i mean I get that we need a good place to meet, maybe even one with hardware we can listen to that is not ours. I am just not a fan of the ListenUp here in ABQ. They are a bit pretentious for me and have a bit of an attitude. Anyway I would participate any place we decided to have a meet up. I rent an office downtown ABQ (I work from home and have kids) and might be able to get us a conference room if we just wanted to keep it low profile and to just a few people. Not sure this would be my first meet up.

Side note: My Emotiva Steath DC-1 arrives today. I ordered it from a spot in Fort Collins CO called The Alternative Audio. The guy (owner) was super kind, nice and friendly. I did not detect a better than you vibe. :)

We should get together soon.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #18 of 47
  So i mean I get that we need a good place to meet, maybe even one with hardware we can listen to that is not ours. I am just not a fan of the ListenUp here in ABQ. They are a bit pretentious for me and have a bit of an attitude. Anyway I would participate any place we decided to have a meet up. I rent an office downtown ABQ (I work from home and have kids) and might be able to get us a conference room if we just wanted to keep it low profile and to just a few people. Not sure this would be my first meet up.

Side note: My Emotiva Steath DC-1 arrives today. I ordered it from a spot in Fort Collins CO called The Alternative Audio. The guy (owner) was super kind, nice and friendly. I did not detect a better than you vibe. :)

We should get together soon.

Well so far we are three, and ASR lives in Colorado, so it's really only worth him coming down if we have a decent meet. For now, we could see at one of our houses. I''m totally willing to host, especially since I wouldn't have to take take all my stuff apart :), but I live in Los Alamos. Do you find your way up in Los Alamos ever?

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #19 of 47

I don't make it over there often at all unfortunately. If i am up and around there it is usually for camping or hot springs in the Jemez. I am actually in the city of Albuquerque proper. I don't have a lot of gear yet also. After March am going to be getting a few things.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 47

I don't make it over there often at all unfortunately. If i am up and around there it is usually for camping or hot springs in the Jemez. I am actually in the city of Albuquerque proper. I don't have a lot of gear yet also. After March am going to be getting a few things.

OK, thanks. Well, when we get a few more people interested, I'll set something up. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 47
OK, another head-fi-er from Los Alamos just contacted me and wants to have a meet! So, here's the call for any new mexico folks that want to get together. I can host in Los Alamos, or we can find a place in Santa Fe, or even Albuquerque if enough people want to have it there.

The First Annual (hopefully) "Red or Green" Head-Fi Meet!

I'm thinking a Saturday in April. Post your thoughts.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 47

Does anybody in NM have any of the following IEMs?

1. Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus
  2. RHA T20
  3. Sure SE425
  4. Aurisonics Harmony (Now Fender FXA7)
  5. Anything by Noble Audio

I am choosing between these and would love to buy some tips and try to listen to them before I make my decision.

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #27 of 47
Anyone have an Albuquerque Library card? Looks like one is needed to reserve a conference room at one of the Library branches. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #28 of 47
I don't have a library card but I do rent an office on the 5th floor of a building down town and we might be able to use that conference room. I will be down there tomorrow and can ask if we can use that for a Hifi Meetup.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #29 of 47
That would be cool. We will need a fair amount of table space. Assume 2 chairs wide per person, and we might get 4-8 people.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #30 of 47
The conference room is big enough for that for sure. We would have to not have anything that is to loud but since we are "head"-fi people i am sure that is not a problem (open headphones should be fine). I will talk to the building manager tomorrow. I get access to the space with my lease, I just want to make sure there would be no problems. 

Not that I need to know to ask about using it for this, but what dates are we thinking so if she says yes I can reserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back