AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Apr 14, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #1,276 of 1,539
I bought the XL spin fit CP 100 as well as the Final Audio Type E in XL and they both fit.
Oh that's good to know, I'll try and hope the XLs are better a better fit.

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,277 of 1,539
Oh that's good to know, I'll try and hope the XLs are better a better fit.

After going trough several tips, I have settled on the Sony Hybrids as the best for my ears. They are in-between the Spinfits and Final E in stiffness/firmness. For me the Spinfits are a bit too thin and "floppy".

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,278 of 1,539
I bought the XL spin fit CP 100 as well as the Final Audio Type E in XL and they both fit.
I also just bought a new set up the large CP145 Spinfits and they are working well. I put the Spinfits from the n5005 on my k3003's and they are the bomb.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #1,279 of 1,539
I also just bought a new set up the large CP145 Spinfits and they are working well. I put the Spinfits from the n5005 on my k3003's and they are the bomb.

Attachments

• 0418221513_HDR.jpg
    0418221513_HDR.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #1,280 of 1,539
Well, I purchased this IEM during one of those $199 sales in Februrary. I must've not been quick enough, or just had bad luck, because it was on backorder for a really long time, and for the first week or two it was out of stock on their site. Then it came back up on the site, in stock, at normal price ($999) and so there was no change to my order status so I contacted them to ask why it hadn't shipped yet. They weren't very helpful. They said they'd certainly check, etc. but I heard nothing. Meanwhile it continued to be in stock. I waited a few days for an update when suddenly one day I got a refund for my original purchase. So I contacted them AGAIN and said I didn't want a refund, I wanted the item I bought which was IN STOCK on their site. So they said, okay, you can buy it at the normal price and we'll reimburse you the difference. I said no thanks because I didn't want to float $800 because, well, who would. A couple days later it dropped back to $299 so I went ahead and bought it and submitted my order number for the refund on the difference. They made good on it. I got my N5005 and my $100 plus tax difference refunded. All's well that ends well I supposed, but I'm annoyed with them for making me have to pester them repeatedly to make good on their sale.

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #1,281 of 1,539
Well, I purchased this IEM during one of those $199 sales in Februrary. I must've not been quick enough, or just had bad luck, because it was on backorder for a really long time, and for the first week or two it was out of stock on their site. Then it came back up on the site, in stock, at normal price ($999) and so there was no change to my order status so I contacted them to ask why it hadn't shipped yet. They weren't very helpful. They said they'd certainly check, etc. but I heard nothing. Meanwhile it continued to be in stock. I waited a few days for an update when suddenly one day I got a refund for my original purchase. So I contacted them AGAIN and said I didn't want a refund, I wanted the item I bought which was IN STOCK on their site. So they said, okay, you can buy it at the normal price and we'll reimburse you the difference. I said no thanks because I didn't want to float $800 because, well, who would. A couple days later it dropped back to $299 so I went ahead and bought it and submitted my order number for the refund on the difference. They made good on it. I got my N5005 and my $100 plus tax difference refunded. All's well that ends well I supposed, but I'm annoyed with them for making me have to pester them repeatedly to make good on their sale.
Glad you finally got them and hope you like them. Here in the UK we never get that sale, in fact you can’t buy them here any more. If we could, at that price I would definitely buy a 2nd pair!

May 5, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,282 of 1,539
I just got my unit in. Even for $250 after fees, I wasn't particularly impressed :sweat:

If anybody is on the fence about buying it next time it is on sale, pull the trigger! AKG customer service was very quick and helpful when I had to deal with some shipping problems.
Thanks for your input.

I'm looking into getting them at a discount... and wondering why did they not impress you. Also what you're go-to iem?

Best

May 9, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #1,284 of 1,539
Glad you finally got them and hope you like them. Here in the UK we never get that sale, in fact you can’t buy them here any more. If we could, at that price I would definitely buy a 2nd pair!
You can use a proxy shipper. :wink:

May 10, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #1,286 of 1,539
patiently waiting for the moment that they offer 199$.... But at 299$, it is still worth every penny

May 11, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #1,288 of 1,539
Great collection!

What's your input/comparison between them and the AKG N5005.

Thanks
Well this is quite old post and hard to recall the comparison details :) If I remember well, I sold AKG N5005 quickly. They were neutral with boosted bass, but the Prophile-8 were superior in every aspect (sound and ergonomics too), when being priced similarly. If I recall correctly I had a problems with the fit. Not because of the size, they are very small, but the nozzle is somewhat angled and no matter what tips I used, it couldn't sit well in the ear. If you are looking for something Harman-neutral approach, I would rather check on Moondrop S8.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #1,289 of 1,539
As an all-rounder, the package is definitely worth the $199-$299 asking price if you can get a proper fit. Sadly, after a handful of tips tried I can only get a proper seal with Complys which changes the treble response considerably. My main gripe though would be that it uses the older Knowles BAs, wherein they rattle at high volumes hence a weakness with power handling. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who noticed this compared to the BAs of today.

May 11, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #1,290 of 1,539
Well this is quite old post and hard to recall the comparison details :) If I remember well, I sold AKG N5005 quickly. They were neutral with boosted bass, but the Prophile-8 were superior in every aspect (sound and ergonomics too), when being priced similarly. If I recall correctly I had a problems with the fit. Not because of the size, they are very small, but the nozzle is somewhat angled and no matter what tips I used, it couldn't sit well in the ear. If you are looking for something Harman-neutral approach, I would rather check on Moondrop S8.
Thanks,

I'll give them a chance...

This are the first "high end" iem I'm buying at a discount, the most I've spent is around 300$ with the Westone 3X, UE900, Aldought I do owe the Grado RS1e.

Heard a lot about the Moon drop S8 and really never heard about inear, there so many brands that's really hard to come by. I'm really looking forward to Sony's top tier and Jerry's Harvey in the near future as I know their history.

Best,

IB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back