AKG's Made In China Question
Feb 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
One of my headphones (AKG K27i) in which I use almost everyday on either my 20GB Creative Zen Touch, 60GB Creative Zen Vision M or Cowon iAudio 6. These would be one of my favourite portable headphones I've ever heard or used for MP3 and portable audio devices like CD players etc.

When I bought the headphone from a Pro Hi Fi shop here in Perth, Western Australia, the sales person (who use to work for AKG in Australia) said to me though this model headphone are made in China (like alot of things as we know)their parts eg drivers, dransducers etc etc actually come from Austria but are put together in China. I can understand their more top end models are made in Austria.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #4 of 43
Dude, get over it. Even some Sennheiser cans were made in China. The location is just the location, the R&D and parts are still the same.

But if you are going to whine with your panties stuffed up your butt, give AKG a call, brilliant idea huh?

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, get over it. Even some Sennheiser cans were made in China. The location is just the location, the R&D and parts are still the same.

But if you are going to whine with your panties stuffed up your butt, give AKG a call, brilliant idea huh?

I'm new to this forum and sadly I have to come across a rude prick like you, obviosuly your someone who just likes to troll along this forum.

First off can you pls be kind enough to show me where in my post I whined about my AKG's made in China and secondly if I did not like my AKG's being made in China than I wouldnt of bought them, obviously you dont grasp what people write and just simply jump to conclusions and just come out with some stupid statement.

So I will start again DO THE AKG's THAT ARE MADE IN CHINA USE AUSTRIAN PARTS ?

And finally if you dont want to answer my posts pls dont, no skin off my back eh cause I'm sure there are more genuine people on this forum who have bit more courtesy up their head.

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 43
I think my ancient Sennheiser HD280's were made in Ireland.

It's completely valid having an interest in where something is made, as well as it's parts. What you do with that knowledge is maybe different. I'd be happy with headphones with off-the-charts high protein, as long as it didn't melt my skin or something.
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 43
While mbd2884 did answer your question he was rather blunt about it. Yes AKG's are designed and engineered in Austria. Parts come from Austria,and some parts from China. It depends on the the can in question. The Final assembly point is really nothing more than a business decision made to cut production costs...increase profit margin. Having said that the overall question is one of Quality control and Manfu warranty. I personally dont care were the parts come from and or where my AKG's are assembled. So long as the perform as they should and AKG stands behind their product. Im a happy camper.

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 43
I don't think you will find good answer to you question. I think anything under 100 us dollars will be made in china. The more expensive the more parts will be made in Austria. AKG is a part of the Harmon-Kardon group so with the big companies who knows?

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While mbd2884 did answer your question he was rather blunt about it. Yes AKG's are designed and engineered in Austria. Parts come from Austria,and some parts from China. It depends on the the can in question. The Final assembly point is really nothing more than a business decision made to cut production costs...increase profit margin. Having said that the overall question is one of Quality control and Manfu warranty. I personally dont care were the parts come from and or where my AKG's are assembled. So long as the perform as they should and AKG stands behind their product. Im a happy camper.

I think "whine with your panties stuffed up your butt" is really crude and very much against the spirit of what we are trying to do here. I'm relatively new to this site, but so far, I've found the nastiness of some of the contributors really surprising.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by djay1948 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think "whine with your panties stuffed up your butt" is really crude and very much against the spirit of what we are trying to do here. I'm relatively new to this site, but so far, I've found the nastiness of some of the contributors really surprising.

I dont know why you quoted my response here. I was polite and tried to answer the OP's question.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Just put him on ignore like everyone else does. :p
His MO is always to post some poorly concealed flame/troll attempt, and then when people comment on it he reacts all offended or surprised.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just put him on ignore like everyone else does. :p
His MO is always to post some poorly concealed flame/troll attempt, and then when people comment on it he reacts all offended or surprised.

In my few contributions to this site, so far, I don't believe I've ever even reacted to anyone's comment, let alone appeared all offended or surprised. This is the first time I've had anything remotely critical to say about anything that I've read. I guess you must be confusing me with someone else.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

In my few contributions to this site, so far, I don't believe I've ever even reacted to anyone's comment, let alone appeared all offended or surprised. This is the first time I've had anything remotely critical to say about anything that I've read. I guess you must be confusing me with someone else.

I believe they are referring to mbd2884.

OT:I agree with ndskyz. As long as I get what I paid for I'm happy.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know why you quoted my response here. I was polite and tried to answer the OP's question.

I think your 2nd post in this thread has an aggressive tone. Especially with the double question mark :p

Product goes to china more profit for the companies :p, unless u see those highend HD800 from Sennheiser which are made in Germany. Even the mid range HD AK271HD? are made in Austria, Aslong as the parts and engineering are from Austria the drivers are designed/tuned/manufactured by AKG them selves and probably outsourced from another company as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back