AKG Q701 with Anniversary pads and Philips Fidelio X1 - matching comfort.
Jan 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

atoff

Head-Fier
Okay, so I just picked up a whole lot of headphones to test.  I purchased the AKG Q701, Fidelio X1, Sennhesier HD650, and finally the Hifiman HE-400 (which I'll receive on Monday).

I've tested all 3 that I currently have on me now, and to me, I much prefer the Q701's huge open sound.  They're very accurate, and sound great!  My only issue is that they're just so incredibly uncomfortable.  The ear cups are large, and they clamp onto my cheekbones so tightly.  I can't have them on for more than 10 minutes max... and by that time I have huge red marks on my face.
In contrast, the X1's have been the most comfortable of the 3 I've tried so far.  Very comfortable... very nice.  But they sound just a little too muffled to me.  I can fix this a bit with EQ, but they lack that huge arena that the Q701's have.  I was wondering if there was anyone who can compare the ear pads of the K702 Anniversary with the Fidelio X1's pads.   I paid $200 for the Q701's... would it be worth spending the $70 or so on the Anniversary pads?   Would they match the comfort of the X1's?  

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Try asking mad lust envy

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, better ask in his gaming thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back