AKG Q701 Review
Feb 5, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #242 of 248
I understand that these phones need an amplifier to drive them properly. I already have a HRT Microstreamer which is fine with my Sennheiser 598s (via a MacBook using Fidelia). Would the HRT be suitable with the AKG's?

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #243 of 248
Hi,

So anyone else have the transparent plastic connecting the elastic to the leather headband develop small cracks? Mine seems to be getting a tad brittle now that it's 4 years old. 
frown.gif

Doesn't matter how little I use them or how well I've looked after them. For the most part I baby everything I own but this is just beyond me. 

Any idea on how much it would cost to replace the transparent bits if sent to AKG for repair? 

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #244 of 248
That happened to my pair a couple months ago. I contacted AKG through their website email, explained that the plastic connecting to the elastic broke and they told me to send it back in for an RMA. Only costed me the shipping.
  Hi,

So anyone else have the transparent plastic connecting the elastic to the leather headband develop small cracks? Mine seems to be getting a tad brittle now that it's 4 years old. 
frown.gif

Doesn't matter how little I use them or how well I've looked after them. For the most part I baby everything I own but this is just beyond me. 

Any idea on how much it would cost to replace the transparent bits if sent to AKG for repair? 

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #245 of 248
That happened to my pair a couple months ago. I contacted AKG through their website email, explained that the plastic connecting to the elastic broke and they told me to send it back in for an RMA. Only costed me the shipping.

Thanks. I was quoted 60 for repairs. I'll have to mention that you got yours done for close to nothing.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #247 of 248
Hey guys, I'm considering buying a pair of these as my first open-back pair (still relatively new to the audiphile world), and they're looking pretty tempting considering the pretty low Amazon price. I just had a few questions though.

I'm currently using the PSB M4U 1 (a lot, love the sound), and was wondering if these were a good variation or improvement, and if anyone had some insight into a comparison of the two. The M4U 1s are my only point of comparison, which is also partly why I want the Q701s.

There have been complaints of inefficiency, and I was wondering if a Fiio E18 Kunlun could drive these to a decent level (nothing too high needed).

Also, as a side note, would you guys think buying used off Amazon, or in general, is risky?

Thanks for the help!

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #248 of 248
Absolutely fantastic headphones. I will spare you the audiophile gibberish and instead say this: these make music sound the way it's supposed to. Soundstage is incredible, and by that I mean these headphones let you pinpoint exactly where a sound is coming from. In other words, no one will be able to sneak up on you in Call of Duty, if that's relevant to you at all.

These don't require an amp--and they'll still sound great without one--but an amp will make them sound even better/louder. If you're an audiophile, there's nothing I can say about these headphones that hasn't been said a thousand times already. If you're not an audiophile, then the best way I can describe them is: bizarrely good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back