AKG Q 701 vs AudioTechnica AD900x
Jun 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Don't bother with the Q701 unless you have a desktop amp or a decent portable amp, most Fiio amps won't be able to drive them properly. Don't know about the AD900x.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 6
  Both will be within my budget, but I only have a Fiio E06 driver and don't plan on getting another. Are either pair outdated or less reputable? Thanks!

It will be much easier for the E6 to drive the ATH-AD900Xs, then the Q701s.
If the E6 can even drive the Q701, chances are the E6's volume would be maxed out and not bringing out the Q701's best.

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Every headphone has it flaw including these two. It is you to decide which one fit your needs. I do have Fiio E06 and Q701, (but I have not listened them together I believe) so if you wish I can do some comparisons how they together perform.

both will be bass light, compared to real world IMO, both will be somehow bright sounding... as far as I can tell Q701 is very good headphone with nice tight bass, good speed/fast decay. cons are: spike somewhere 2-3K and uncomfortable headband if you have larger head...

describe more what kind of sound do you like, what you are listening and better options might available.

cheers

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 6
Like others said, with low power amps the AT is a better choice. Of course I would get the ATH M50x over the 900x, but that's just me. I own all 3 BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back