Akg q 701 great for rock, rap and electronik musik !/?
Feb 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

I hate bottles

New Head-Fier
I wil come with a bold statement. I read everywere "truth" like akg q 701 is god for classical and jazz but not rock, but grado is great for rock etc. One thing that irritates me is that everyone is influating everyone else to accept that truth, even though different ears like to listen to rock or jazz in a different ways. 
I don't say i don't love the grado signature for rock or other genres but to say that everyone should feel the same is a bit close minded.
I myself find that when i love a headphone i usually like them with all genres in different ways. Like i love my sennheiser hd 25 II high energy, small intimate soundstage with everything i trow at them. Then i can hear on some black metal on my akg q701 and they really rock in my ears with god bass and a big soundstage. My ears are probably sensitive to bass. I also find akg q701 realy engaging in games, even though i have read "they have no bass and are not exiting in games". 

What i am trying to say is that you should always trust your own ears and test all the alternatives your self instead of putting to much emphasis on what other peoples are saying on the headphones you are looking at before buying. 

You must pardon my bad english since my native language is norwegian :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 3
I wil come with a bold statement. I read everywere "truth" like akg q 701 is god for classical and jazz but not rock, but grado is great for rock etc. One thing that irritates me is that everyone is influating everyone else to accept that truth, even though different ears like to listen to rock or jazz in a different ways. 
I don't say i don't love the grado signature for rock or other genres but to say that everyone should feel the same is a bit close minded.
I myself find that when i love a headphone i usually like them with all genres in different ways. Like i love my sennheiser hd 25 II high energy, small intimate soundstage with everything i trow at them. Then i can hear on some black metal on my akg q701 and they really rock in my ears with god bass and a big soundstage. My ears are probably sensitive to bass. I also find akg q701 realy engaging in games, even though i have read "they have no bass and are not exiting in games". 

What i am trying to say is that you should always trust your own ears and test all the alternatives your self instead of putting to much emphasis on what other peoples are saying on the headphones you are looking at before buying. 

You must pardon my bad english since my native language is norwegian :)

I think you touched on a something important here. Sound preference is very personal and depends more on the person than the music. I listen to everything from classical to dub step and I always prefer a certain sound; Mostly neutral, slightly bright, high clarity and good imaging within the soundstage. That doesn't matter if its John Coltrane or Coal Chamber. What works for one person might not work for another, get to know your own preferences.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 3
These generalizations mean very little to me as well.
Not all rock sounds like ac/dc. Not all rap sounds like 50 cent.
Not all electronic sounds like deadmau5.

well, all electronic does sound a bit like deadmau5.
Oh snap! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back