AKG new N90Q
Mar 27, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #121 of 380
Gave them a while before trying again, but it's aaaalllllll good :) Battery not affected at all as it seems. I'm pretty sure the usb just wasn't right. I might just charge them through the supplied charger, I really do like these headphones, don't want to kill them off XD Thanks for your help pboi btw. And ye, I am pretty lucky to have these before release

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #123 of 380
  Does anyone know where I can find the gold version still in stock? I mean online stores. Thanks!

They are not shipping yet, ordering at harmanaudio.com will put you in the queue though. I don't know of any other retailers.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #124 of 380
Gave them a while before trying again, but it's aaaalllllll good :) Battery not affected at all as it seems. I'm pretty sure the usb just wasn't right. I might just charge them through the supplied charger, I really do like these headphones, don't want to kill them off XD Thanks for your help pboi btw. And ye, I am pretty lucky to have these before release

Btw, reviewers aren't allowed to sell their sets. Is it the reviewer from headfonics? He's been seen selling review units time and again. Very unethical.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #129 of 380
Update: the Black N90Qs are now shipping to some people. It doesn't seem to have a bearing on when you placed an order as far as i can tell. But they are now in customers hands beyond review units. No info on the Gold yet.

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #131 of 380
In Switzerland, it's now available in some shops (in black).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reliable informations :
-In Analog Domain : Active Noise Cancellation
-In Digital Domain : TrueNote Calibration, Soundstage Effects (Studio 2.1, Surround 5.1)

-Using it with digital input (USB) (chain or audio path in the N90Q ->) : -> DSP -> DAC -> Pre-Amp + Output stage
-Using it with analog input (mini-jack) (chain or audio path in the N90Q ->) : -> ADC -> DSP -> DAC -> Pre-Amp + Output stage

Informations to be checked :
-Volume : in digital or analog domain (in the audio path) ?
-Output stage : classe D or AB ?

Some notes :
-It probably can't bypass the DSP, so there is no interest to use it with the mini-jack input (for the best quality). Because you add an external useless conversion (digital -> analog) in the audio path (so double conversions in the audio path). More explanations ---> Post #142 !
-The speakers are placed off-axis with a little angle (like the HD 800).

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #132 of 380
Hey.

Just grab this n90q and let me say it is far beyond and better than anything else i've heard before. Period.

Just a few questions :

-Can you hear a very little hiss or noise (from the active noise cancellation) when there isn't audio signal ?
-Did you test the 2.1 studio mode ? This mode is pretty real or over-simulated ?

Thanks.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #133 of 380
Hey.

There is no noise with the audio noise reduction.

The mode 2.1 and 5.1 are smart. I mean :

- If the mix has lot of space, is deep : the 2.1 and 5.1 doesn't change that much the sound, which means it is hard to find the difference because the soundstage in standard mode is already amazing and sound like open headphones.
- If the mix is flat, deepless : the 2.1 will add space in it, 5.1 even more space and 3D.

I would say these are serious effects, not gadget or something geeky. I personnaly rarely use them because I try to listen only good mixes but sometimes I do and it is really effective, if 5.1 really modify the mix, medium, bass, high, etc, 2.1 just change the "space" in the mix without touching bass, medium and high. They add joy air and fun in the music. the 5.1 with electronic and hip hop are really nice, especially when i'm listening in the street.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #134 of 380
Has anyone tried this thing for PC/PS4 surround sound gaming yet? It would be great if you could share your thoughts. I have pre-ordered the Gold one - not sure when it will ship though.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #135 of 380
  Has anyone tried this thing for PC/PS4 surround sound gaming yet? It would be great if you could share your thoughts. I have pre-ordered the Gold one - not sure when it will ship though.

I have only listened to music through them since I've only heard them at a meet, but when I get mine (should be ~5 business days) I can check for you.

Gold's are expected in the warehouse May 25th based on what customer service told me on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back