AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Sep 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #32 of 745
revamped K1000
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #33 of 745
I sure hope this is an uber, I get the feeling it's a step up from the K712 and a different headphone altogether by what I see in the video. Just seems like a more expensive headphone by what I can see of it's construction. If it's an uber, it will likely be the uber I will end up with. AKGs house sound just clicks with me very well, hopefully it has more physicality to the sound than the K7xx series did.

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #34 of 745
  I get the feeling it's a step up from the K712 and a different headphone altogether by what I see in the video. Just seems like a more expensive headphone by what I can see of it's construction.

In my view, looks are what AKG put their research in, and when that's done, the copy/pasting of drivers begins. Also, there's no guarantee the video isn't CG.

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #35 of 745
In my view, looks are what AKG put their research in, and when that's done, the copy/pasting of drivers begins. Also, there's no guarantee the video isn't CG.

Maybe, but other brands are guilty of the same thing, at least they don't price fix their headphones. But it doesn't share the same housing as the K7xx family like all the other K7xx family AKGs have, and they have tweaked the K7xx drivers some over time. Other brands copy/pasted and tweak drivers as well such as Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, and basically every other brand. AKG has been focusing on the K7xx family too long, hopefully they come out with something new with this release.

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #44 of 745
It's curious, by the way, that AKG calls their newer headphones Kxxx rather than K xxx as before. People have been spelling the model names wrong forever, so I guess AKG chose to adapt.

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #45 of 745

I think (I hope I am very wrong) those won't be TOTL headphones, because AKG could name them after K1000 or K3003, so we would see Kxxxx. They also would not name them K800/K801, to say that they are trying compete with HD800, because if they would fail that would be HUGE PR suicide. Also K8xx and K9xx are for wireless headphones. And from video and photos they do not look very high end. We have good looking K550, K702 65th/K712 Pro which are really nice looking cans. On the other hand Kxxx has some weird looking ring around driver part.

And because AKG is saying about new headphones from Professional line, instead of high end line (which would make much bigger impact), I think those would some some high end studio headphones. Maybe some replacement for K702 after production was moved to China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back