AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #16 of 745
  Subbed.

Looks promising. I do believe this is a flagship - because if you watch the video in ultra-slow motion, you realize the top part of the metal ring has "Serial No. XXXXX" on it.

Yup, maybe someone can get a better shot of it, but it is definitely serialized. Looks fully open too, so keeping my hopes up that this would be the flagship.

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #17 of 745
I'm speculating whether it could be a gaming headset with those LED lights 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 745
That actually makes some sense. Harmon doesn't want to make new drivers and the K712 was just released. So with the PS4 and XB1 coming out soon along with a bunch of games, they decide to put the K701 driver in new housing with LED lights, slap on a microphone, put on pleather pads, and sell these for $300.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #27 of 745
I to would like to see a TOTL headphone, I don't want to own the HD 800 [I just don't believe in support Sennhesier :3] so I'd much rather some one dethrone them already! [and the HE  6 is going to be a pain to drive] 

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 745
  I'm speculating whether it could be a gaming headset with those LED lights 
rolleyes.gif

I don't think they're LED lights - if you see the other pics posted on facebook I think it's just blue plastic rings (or something).

Also, highly doubt it's a gaming headset considering it's part of the AKG Professional site.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #30 of 745
I would like their Facebook page, that's where they've been releasing all this stuff for the past several days.  I also bet they're not LED lights.  Sennheiser does the same thing with the pictures of their head phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back