AKG K812 Pro
Jan 26, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #4,066 of 4,825
IMHO (of course)- (Presuming you mean 'UP'grade), I can only recommend to you on the cable side of things; though subjectively speaking (goes without saying), I cannot recommend enough to you Forza Audio Works (F.A.W.) run by a guy named Matt (here on Head-Fi- Matez) as one premium option. Top notch quality from head to toe in customer service, build quality, presentation, sound quality, and value. With F.A.W. you get MORE than you pay for. NOT to knock any other company. Do your homework, but here on Head-Fi, check out the 'Forza Impressions Thread' for PLENTY of satisfied folks, myself included. Good luck to you!

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #4,067 of 4,825
Hi guys,

Is there any recommondations of amp and dac (Within 600 GBP) for K812? Also, I'm looking for the ungrade cable for K812, any suggestion?

Cheers!

IMHO (of course)- (Presuming you mean 'UPgrade'), I can only recommend to you on the cable side of things; though subjectively speaking (goes without saying), I cannot recommend enough to you Forza Audio Works (F.A.W.) run by a guy named Matt (here on Head-Fi- Matez) as one premium option. Top notch quality from head to toe in customer service, build quality, presentation, sound quality, and value. With F.A.W. you get MORE than you pay for. NOT to knock any other company. Do your homework, but here on Head-Fi, check out the 'Forza Impressions Thread' for PLENTY of satisfied folks, myself included. Good luck to you!

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4,069 of 4,825
IMHO- I can only recommend to you on the cable side of things; though subjectively speaking (goes without saying), I cannot recommend enough to you Forza Audio Works (F.A.W.) run by a guy named Matt (here on Head-Fi- Matez) as one premium option. Top notch quality from head to toe in customer service, build quality, presentation, sound quality, and value. With F.A.W. you get MORE than you pay for. NOT to knock any other company. Do your homework, but here on Head-Fi, check out the 'Forza Impressions Thread' for PLENTY of satisfied folks, myself included. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much! I will look at it!

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #4,071 of 4,825
Hi guys!

I recently purchased a K812 with Hifiman901s as the source, but I felt K812 was somewhere too SHARP. Now I am planning to get a system for K812 to deal with  sharpness. Any recommendation of DACs?

Thanks! 

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #4,072 of 4,825
  Hi guys!

I recently purchased a K812 with Hifiman901s as the source, but I felt K812 was somewhere too SHARP. Now I am planning to get a system for K812 to deal with  sharpness. Any recommendation of DACs?

Thanks! 

K812 sharp? Maybe you haven't burned them completely. K812 is pretty smooth for an AKG headphone IMO. You'll get more smoothness with a tube amp than a DAC IMO.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #4,073 of 4,825
  Hi guys!

Thanks! 

Mimby.

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #4,074 of 4,825
I'm getting the K812 in some days, will be able to compare side by side with (late) Tesla T1.1 / HD800 / K712 / K702
I wonder why these (K812) are so out of fashion.

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #4,076 of 4,825
Feb 5, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #4,078 of 4,825
  He might've meant it as not popular.

Yeap.

The K812 was designed to be among the very best if not the best dynamic headphone.
HD800-like with added (needed) warmth and less of a 6kHz treble peak.
But even when you can find some early reviews and users placing the K812 right at the top, more often than not people prefer to look elsewhere these days.

Many things affected the K812 popularity.
Harman/AKG is pretty terrible when it comes to marketing
Add some less than ideal reviews like the one from Innerfidelity (we all know Tyll prefer darker headphones)
Moving production to Slovakia when other top performers are still built in their respective countries.

Sennheiser is huge and much better at marketing.
I guess an HD800 made by Beyer or AKG would have been forgotten long ago.
Sennheiser HD800 is blessed somehow then it's still very popular even after HD800S.
People will always blame the rest of the chain, mod them and EQ them quite a lot to get pleasant sound, but it still retains popularity and acceptance.

On the other hand, a week can pass and no one write in here about K812.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back