AKG K812 Pro, underrated?
Nov 1, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #170 of 271
Nothing fancy...just their basic Core Pro Series with a Black Neutrik NP3X-B 1/4". Could've have made it up myself, but time one, sources, orders the parts and shipping... just getting lazing in my old age. lol
I did a lot of cables myself (headphone and otherwise), but connectors like Lemo are no fun to solder as I've heard... nothing wrong with getting a ready made pair at a reasonable price. And the Neutrik NP3X-B is a solid choice that even looks good. I even have some lying around in a drawer...

Nov 1, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #171 of 271
Nothing fancy...just their basic Core Pro Series with a Black Neutrik NP3X-B 1/4". Could've have made it up myself, but time one, sources, orders the parts and shipping... just getting lazing in my old age. lol
The standard cable is OK as well - noise free and capable. I wonder how much change in sound is due to the screw on 1/4" adaptor on the standard cables? Arctic Cables omits that, so 1 interface less.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #173 of 271
Have frequently considered (re)purchasing the K812, but would want a UPOCC recable.
Arctic Cables do a range of materials for AKG K812/K872 cables.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #174 of 271
Have frequently considered (re)purchasing the K812, but would want a UPOCC recable.

@John Buchanan is right. I use a cable from the Arctic Cables Argento series that my girl gave me as a bday present. I'm not normally the expensive cable type though I do like making my own good looking cables, but I have to say that this cable is absolutely gorgeous. I can't say that I have heard a difference versus my 8-core braided silver plated OCC DIY cable thatI was using before she got it for me. That said, as far as look, feel, fit and finish go, Arctic Cables really did a beautiful job on this cable.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #175 of 271
@John Buchanan is right. I use a cable from the Arctic Cables Argento series that my girl gave me as a bday present........
Also took John's recommendation and recently received a bday present, but to and from myself for my K872. : )
Its their basic Core Pro, nothing fancy but is overall a nice cable, light and flexible...terminated in Neutrik 1/4"....
Artic cable.jpeg

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #176 of 271
Also took John's recommendation and recently received a bday present, but to and from myself for my K872. : )
Its their basic Core Pro, nothing fancy but is overall a nice cable, light and flexible...terminated in Neutrik 1/4"....
Artic cable.jpeg

Very nice! There's nothin' quite like black on black to keep it lookin' classy.

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #177 of 271
Still loving the K812s - AKG certainly knew what they were doing with these soundwise as well as the beautiful way they were built.. Possibly my favourite headphones ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back