AKG K712 vs ATH-AD1000x for positional audio/ gaming?
Jan 28, 2018 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dnalekaw

Head-Fier
I understand that the K712's offer a more 'fun' sound and deeper bass, but out of the two, which retains the better imaging and positional audio for things like gunshots and footsteps? Many thanks.

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 4
I understand that the K712's offer a more 'fun' sound and deeper bass, but out of the two, which retains the better imaging and positional audio for things like gunshots and footsteps? Many thanks.
I don't think there's a big enough difference in this regard between these two headphones that this should be a deciding factor in your purchase. Go for what you think sounds better or more fun.

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 4
It might come down to what you plug the headphones into?
The Audio Technica ATH-AD1000X is fairly easy to drive, where as the AKG K712 does best when decently amped.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 4
It might come down to what you plug the headphones into?
The Audio Technica ATH-AD1000X is fairly easy to drive, where as the AKG K712 does best when decently amped.
I've had the K712 for a month before, powering it with the Objective 2 so that's not a problem. I think I'll get the AD1000x because I have a AD500x and I really like the sound sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back