AKG K712 Pro Competition?
Nov 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtsanabria

New Head-Fier
I have been using the 712s for about a year now. Yesterday, I was cleaning them and one of the plastic pieces actually broke (completely accidental and broke my heart at first - until I remembered I had an unlimited warranty for reimbursement!). Once I return them, I will receive $399.60 for the headphones. With that being said, I now have to option to purchase the same set of headphones for around $330 new + the cost of a new warranty, or look elsewhere for other competitors. What would others suggest? I personally loved the 712s but am open to new options within or below that price range.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 4
I want something very similar to these. I really enjoyed their sound signature. However, I would definitely consider other options. Possibly the HD650s? I have heard good things about these but haven't had the opportunity to try them before so I'm unsure.

I'm currently using a Schiit stack (Modi/Magni).

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 4
  I want something very similar to these. I really enjoyed their sound signature. However, I would definitely consider other options. Possibly the HD650s? I have heard good things about these but haven't had the opportunity to try them before so I'm unsure.

I'm currently using a Schiit stack (Modi/Magni).

The HD 650 is not even close.  The HD 600 is closer, but still a long way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back