Jan 26, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #541 of 636
a wicked adapter to make it a gaming headset

Attachments

• Mini Female XLR 3 pole to 3.5mm Jack female.PNG
    Mini Female XLR 3 pole to 3.5mm Jack female.PNG
    345 KB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #543 of 636
Bought them recently new and sealed for 65 usd. :tongue:

Even out of the box I think their driver is rather incredible, is it just me or it has insane speed for a dynamic?? Their sound profile was great but a bit bass anemic, so I did the reversible bass mod. I could've EQd them but I assumed a physical change is better at alleviating potential distortion. I love them so far, maybe a bit too masculine for my taste but I can always sell them to my boyfriend. I might replace their cable (too long and cheap) and the pads, as they are way too stiff.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #545 of 636
I have a pair and I enjoy them. At first, I thought that they were a bit too bright and lacked bass. I EQ'd the treble and did a mod to increase the bass. I replaced the pads with a hybrid velour type and swapped the cable with one from audiophileninja.com. The thing that I like most about them is the detail that they provide.

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #546 of 636
I have a pair and I enjoy them. At first, I thought that they were a bit too bright and lacked bass. I EQ'd the treble and did a mod to increase the bass. I replaced the pads with a hybrid velour type and swapped the cable with one from audiophileninja.com. The thing that I like most about them is the detail that they provide.
They're detail monsters and I'm coming from an Arya. Once you tune this headphone a bit it becomes quite exquisite. I wish I knew this sooner, but now that I got them for cheap I'm actually glad they're so underrated.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #548 of 636
Hello everyone! I`m new here.

I have the k702 for like 1 week now, amazing headphones but...

I`ve noticed something: in song the fly as me by bruno mars and anderson paak after 2:30 minutes when the bass starts I can notice a lot of distortion, this also happens with my arcano shp300 but on my shure srh440 it`s crystal clear.

Have you noticed this kind of distortion?

Most of the times it happens when the track has more bass.

Im pairing with Fiio e09k + e17, but also happens with the e10k tc.

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #550 of 636
How loud are you playing this song?? I'm playing it on on my K702's (powered by Marantz HD-DAC1) with no distortion. But I'm not playing it at top volume.
just a little bit loud, not much. the anderson`s voice is very distorted, like he is singing in front a ventilator. I`m using Crinacle EQ ( but happens without it or with any other EQ).
I need to use low shelf filter ( q slope) at 27hz to mitigate that distortion.

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #551 of 636
just a little bit loud, not much. the anderson`s voice is very distorted, like he is singing in front a ventilator. I`m using Crinacle EQ ( but happens without it or with any other EQ).
I need to use low shelf filter ( q slope) at 27hz to mitigate that distortion.
Perhaps your headphones are defective. I'm not hearing any distortion on that track.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #553 of 636
Ridiculous question alert:

Is anyone here able to share thoughts on how the K702 compares with the Sennheiser HD 800 S, particularly in terms of soundstage (forward depth & width), imaging and separation? Many of the reviews of the k702 that I've seen suggest soundstage is their party trick yet the 800 S is generally regarded as the king, yet i can't really find comparisons which seems strange.

For context, I already own the Arya V2 which has a massively wide and tall soundstage. I compared the Arya against the HD 800 S and preferred the Arya at the time of purchase. At the £1000+ price tag I felt it offered lot more than the Senns in terms of frequency extension at both ends, tonality, layering. The soundstage was great but not on par with the HD800S. I also own a couple of grados which are also great for soundstage but still don't have a truly deep/forward stage.

I wouldn't mind something that offers an "exaggerated" soundstage like like the 800 S, for watching movies and for messing with my music once in a while.... but not for the 800 S price tag. What do you guys think of the K702 in that regard?

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #554 of 636
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think soundstaging is largely the result of angled drivers and the choices made in producing the music. I have never heard the 800S, but I own K702 and Sennheiser HD-600 (which is generally considered to sound closed-in), and I hear no difference in soundstage. The both sound like...headphones on my head, and nothing like speakers in my room with respect to soundstage.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #555 of 636
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think soundstaging is largely the result of angled drivers and the choices made in producing the music. I have never heard the 800S, but I own K702 and Sennheiser HD-600 (which is generally considered to sound closed-in), and I hear no difference in soundstage. The both sound like...headphones on my head, and nothing like speakers in my room with respect to soundstage.

I think you're right to a degree that perceived soundstage is affected by music production choices. It is also affected by the position of the driver in relation to the ears, angles and distance (e.g. due to ear pad thickness) but that, along with other headphone specific (rather than recording specific) features, e.g. driver size, ear cup shape and size is what comes together and makes the difference when trying to compare or choose between headphones. Some people so suggest that certain features of frequency response measurements can indicate that a bigger soundstage is more likely to be perceived, but I don't know in much about that.

A subject example I can describe is that when listening to the hd 800 S, and to a lesser degree the Arya, the sound sounded/felt like it was presented from a distance. In particular, with eyes closed, the "centre image" of vocals sounded/felt like it was in front of me as opposed to inside my head as it does with most headphones. I'm wondering how the k701 performs from that perspective?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back