1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AKG K702 Amp/Dac

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by onylink, Nov 27, 2011.
  1. OnyLink
    What Amp/Dac would I be able to use with my K702's? I have about a 250$ budget. I am trying for something without tubes. I have looked into the e7/e9 combo but I feel as if that won't have enough power for the power hungry K702's. Ive also looked at the Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 in which I think would be able to run the K702's pretty well except im not quite sure about the amp's quality with the K702's.

2. HaVoC-28
    Why not the new M-stage with USB input ? The DAC en USB receiver are not the best (implentation etc) but it should do decent djob for a start and you could upgrade it later . (a bit more than 250$ but you can think about it) M-Stage work very well with K702 . Peraphs audio GD NFB-12 too . (but never tryed this one using a NFB-2 + C2.1 and very happy with them) .

http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=108

3. Gwarmi

Audio GD NFB-5 ~ yes it's truly worth finding those extra dollars at $330USD, it's a more competent combination than the E7/E9.

Output power
    Only for headphone.

3500mW/25 ohm 
    1800mW/50 ohm
    900mW/100 ohm
    300mW/300 ohm
    150mW/600 ohm

audio-gd-nfb-5-small.jpg

4. OnyLink
    I wasn't quite sure if the Matrix had enough power. And wouldn't i still need a dac if i were to get the matrix? As for the Audio GD NFB-5 would it work really well for the K702's? Like, does it give it the power the k702's need and also have a good dac/amp?

5. liamstrain

Quote:

The USB updated M-stage would not need an external dac, unless you wanted one that was better specced/more flexible. It does have enough power for the 702.

That said, the NFB-5 would be better. Both a better dac, and a better amp. 

6. OnyLink
    What would be better the NFB-5 or the NFB-12?

7. deandake

Quote:

I was wondering that too. I am looking for something to use at my desk at work. 
    I went through the spec's of both and found them to be identical. The NFB-5 looks to have a more robust transformer but is appears that is for other low voltage items like the display. The output is exactly identical to that of the NFB-12.
    Anybody else have feelings on this?

8. Danthrax
    I'm probably going to get the iBasso D7 for my q701s. There is a thread about it in the portable amps forum.