AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Oct 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #76 of 3,394
Thomann UK has listed them and says in stock.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k_702_65th_anniversary_edition.htm

I am more interested in pads than the whole anniversary package but maybe when those parts come out they will be available only to registered studios (EU only) 
blink.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #77 of 3,394
 Interesting, because I got an e-mail from their Dutch part and they said: "No available" Same goes for Germany.

Nice thinking about pads, would they fit in all their K and Q models?

THX
Quote:
Thomann UK has listed them and says in stock.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k_702_65th_anniversary_edition.htm

I am more interested in pads than the whole anniversary package but maybe when those parts come out they will be available only to registered studios (EU only) 
blink.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #78 of 3,394
It is just a matter of time when Thomann will have them within all countries, now they are playing a little hard to get/marketing game.

I doubt that they went with new pads and locking mechanism all together, after all new tools for plastic injection means more money, we'll see. If locking is the same as on the original pads they can be mounted on k702 and k601 without any modifications so that includes Q as well.

Akg k550 pads are interesting too, but are slightly different so it requires a little modification to fit k702 in my case, closed k702 ... its tempting :)

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #82 of 3,394
Whats the problem? I have no trouble with AKG headphons on my head
k701smile.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #83 of 3,394
No there is no problem, as a matter a fact if you look better you can see that they go pretty good together, if those bumps had a massage mechanism inside which will be triggered on low notes so it could cure hair and bass deficiency all together 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #84 of 3,394
These things ( bumps ) are pretty hard and while its not really annoying in the beginning, at some point it can get in the way, cos you simply start to feel them, starting pushing top of your head after a while. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #85 of 3,394
I've cut them off before and would gladly do it again. But thankfully now there is an alternative :)

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #86 of 3,394
the bumps create massive grooves in the head. It doesnt matter what position you put them on your head. I didnt use them my a few months and the grooves in my head stayed. They are permanent now. The bumps on the akg headband reshape the scalp.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #87 of 3,394
I've heard that they are using the original K702's in the new Saw film... Ouch!

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #88 of 3,394
Quote:
the bumps create massive grooves in the head. It doesnt matter what position you put them on your head. I didnt use them my a few months and the grooves in my head stayed. They are permanent now. The bumps on the akg headband reshape the scalp.

I'm guessing that this discomfort is the result of extra tensile force that's putting pressure on the head. The headphone is very light so hard to imagine it having such a drastic effect on its own. Have people cut one of the elastic bands for a looser fitting?

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #89 of 3,394
Quote:
These things ( bumps ) are pretty hard and while its not really annoying in the beginning, at some point it can get in the way, cos you simply start to feel them, starting pushing top of your head after a while. 

Those bumps are sneaky indeed and don't bother for the first hour or so.

Quote:
I've heard that they are using the original K702's in the new Saw film... Ouch!

To me it looks more like a case of feeding Akg with low bit rate (crap production) dubstep :D

Quote:

I'm guessing that this discomfort is the result of extra tensile force that's putting pressure on the head. The headphone is very light so hard to imagine it having such a drastic effect on its own. Have people cut one of the elastic bands for a looser fitting?

There are many simple solutions here on headfi but the most elegant by far is changing the inner headband with akg k601s IMO.
Maybe other akg models headband can be fitted on k70x series (?)

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #90 of 3,394
Quote:

they did it all on their own even though i try to stretch out the headband max so its maximally loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back