akg k612 vs Q701
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #47 of 52
I have the 612 and I really enjoyed the sound but I think need a little more bass, also I have the 7xx and I think they sound dull for my ears to much bass, I wonder which is a better option the 712 or q701. Any opinions??

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #48 of 52
For more bass I would consider the upgrade to the HD 600 or DT 880. But even those are not considered aggressive on bass. If you want aggressive I would go with closed-back options, like the DT 770.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #49 of 52
For more bass I would consider the upgrade to the HD 600 or DT 880. But even those are not considered aggressive on bass. If you want aggressive I would go with closed-back options, like the DT 770.

Thanks for your advice but only want a little bit more bass, I read the bass on hd600/its similar to the one in the 7xx and I want less bass, I I don't like use closed back for longer periods of time

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #50 of 52
I've yet to hear anyone complain that the HD 600 has "too much bass". As an owner of both the HD600 and K612 I can definitely say the HD 600 is more lively and warm than the 612. The 612 is a very neutral and analytical headphone, which is what sound engineers look for when mixing. However, it's considered boring by many music lovers who are used to more colored headphones. If you find them dull, I would look into Grado's lineup, very musical headphones at any price range. The SR60i is the most "lively" headphone out of all the headphones I own, but is light on bass. The newer SR80e is a good bump in bass, with the PS500e being la creme de la creme. You generally get fuller bass as you go up in the Grado lineup, among other things of course.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #51 of 52
I've yet to hear anyone complain that the HD 600 has "too much bass". As an owner of both the HD600 and K612 I can definitely say the HD 600 is more lively and warm than the 612. The 612 is a very neutral and analytical headphone, which is what sound engineers look for when mixing. However, it's considered boring by many music lovers who are used to more colored headphones. If you find them dull, I would look into Grado's lineup, very musical headphones at any price range. The SR60i is the most "lively" headphone out of all the headphones I own, but is light on bass. The newer SR80e is a good bump in bass, with the PS500e being la creme de la creme. You generally get fuller bass as you go up in the Grado lineup, among other things of course.

I had the sr80i very uncomfortable and to bright for me, but I guess I can give a try to the HD600

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #52 of 52
I had the sr80i very uncomfortable and to bright for me, but I guess I can give a try to the HD600

The SR80e has re-designed drivers that deliver much fuller bass, refined midrange, and smooths out the high end. It's really a complete improvement over the "i". I agree on comfot though. I ended up getting larger ear pads on my SR60i which helped alot. For the price of the HD 600 you could go up to the SR325e which has the larger ear pads and leather padded headband. Still not as comfy as the HD 600 though, and probably not as versatile over all genres. Definitely more lively and musical though, particularly for live recording with real instruments, it does a better job of making you feel like your in the front row. Both synergize well with amps, but you can get away without an amp with the Grado's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back