AKG K612 Pro, need new headphones.
Dec 16, 2016 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ShiroiTenshi

New Head-Fier
Hello. Today i received K612 headphones but I wasn't so impressed with them. Before I used $10 worth Sony headphones and when I received K612, honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference between them, of course the K612 sounded a bit better but not by that much as I anticipated. Basically they lack bass. I just don't feel it. I remember when I got Steelseries Siberia v2 I was kinda blown away, I loved them even tho it was just a headset I could instantly feel difference.

I'm thinking of returning the K612 but why I wrote all this is to ask if someone could recommend me a headphones which would actually give me bass feel similar to SS v2 or something in the same price range as K612 are.

When I checked review on K612 the guy said that the bass is noticable n'stuff but honestly, I don't feel it at all.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 12
Hello. Today i received K612 headphones but I wasn't so impressed with them. Before I used $10 worth Sony headphones and when I received K612, honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference between them, of course the K612 sounded a bit better but not by that much as I anticipated. Basically they lack bass. I just don't feel it. I remember when I got Steelseries Siberia v2 I was kinda blown away, I loved them even tho it was just a headset I could instantly feel difference.

I'm thinking of returning the K612 but why I wrote all this is to ask if someone could recommend me a headphones which would actually give me bass feel similar to SS v2 or something in the same price range as K612 are.

When I checked review on K612 the guy said that the bass is noticable n'stuff but honestly, I don't feel it at all.

AKGs are not known for their bass.They are also typically harder to drive than many realize.Are you using an amp with them?

Im not familiar w/ Siberia v2 sound,so best bet is to let us know what kind of amp(if any) youre using and what kind of music youre wanting to listen to and feel more bass.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 12
  I'm not using AMP, I could just buy it but I doubt that would help. I usually listen just random music nothing specific but I need to feel the bass.

Feel the bass is def not an AKG trait,esp with no amp....

For closed back=in public try V-Moda M-100
For open back=at home try Fidelio X2

Im assuming you dont want to spend a fortune on headphones.

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Yep, Fidelios X1 and X2 will give you the BIG bass you're seeking.
Both are also easier to drive than the AKGs.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #8 of 12
Im not on such a budget. Im thinkig about DT770 but Im not 100% sure if they are as good as I hope they are.

DT770s have bass that you can feel,esp when compared to the AKGs,but they also have some pretty intense highs...too painful for me,which is why i suggested the X1/X2 in the first place.

If you cant afford either of those I guess a DT770 will work,just be ready for some detailed high that can be quite sharp on some recordings.

Also if youre not using an amp,be sure to get the 32ohm version.

Dec 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #9 of 12
DT770s have bass that you can feel,esp when compared to the AKGs,but they also have some pretty intense highs...too painful for me,which is why i suggested the X1/X2 in the first place.

If you cant afford either of those I guess a DT770 will work,just be ready for some detailed high that can be quite sharp on some recordings.

Also if youre not using an amp,be sure to get the 32ohm version.

Im thinking of buying an amp for future that is... So should I go for 80 or 250ohm if I won't have AMP for the start.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #10 of 12
Im thinking of buying an amp for future that is... So should I go for 80 or 250ohm if I won't have AMP for the start.

80 Ohm = more bass and slightly louder volume
250 Ohm = just a tad more balanced but still relatively big bass

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #12 of 12
I love my beyer DT770 Pro 80's .. having listened to the 250Ohms in the past I prefer the bass (quite nice.. fairly large amounts of bass) of the 80's

very comfortable... built like tanks also..  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back