AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!
Mar 10, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,311 of 2,435
Has anybody tried the O2 amp/dac with K612? If so how do they sound? And would you suggest this setup for PC gaming? 

I think it would be perfectly fine for pc gaming but probably not for music as the O2 is on the colder harder side. I used k712 with the O2 once but the treble became too strident most of the time.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,316 of 2,435
I have the E10K and it's very nice with the K612 (and the K550) but I tend to mostly run them from my Little Dot I+ using the E10K as the DAC. That's a lovely combination (Running a pair of Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV valves and an OPA2227 OpAmp in the Little Dot)

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,323 of 2,435
Some fellow Akg owners might be able help me out with this one. We all know that a revealing headphone will make the source sound even worse if the music is compressed etc, but this time I'm not finding it to be true. Example listening to Biffy clyro - opposites on the pinnacles sounds squashed and distorted but on K612s sounds like it's add bass depth and treble extension with some air even though the akgs are much more detailed and clear... ???

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #2,324 of 2,435
Some fellow Akg owners might be able help me out with this one. We all know that a revealing headphone will make the source sound even worse if the music is compressed etc, but this time I'm not finding it to be true. Example listening to Biffy clyro - opposites on the pinnacles sounds squashed and distorted but on K612s sounds like it's add bass depth and treble extension with some air even though the akgs are much more detailed and clear... ???

I know what you mean. The K612 is revealing but also quite forgiving. It reminds me of Beethoven's 5th symphony, so great that it can cope with just about any performance, even with an amateur orchestra their problems and mistakes adds to the inherent sense of struggle. On the other hand, the K612 is excellent at revealing the most subtle details in a recording

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #2,325 of 2,435
I know what you mean. The K612 is revealing but also quite forgiving. It reminds me of Beethoven's 5th symphony, so great that it can cope with just about any performance, even with an amateur orchestra their problems and mistakes adds to the inherent sense of struggle. On the other hand, the K612 is excellent at revealing the most subtle details in a recording

Yes its incredibly musical yet analytical at the same time, this hobby is always surprising me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back