AKG K550 - NEW!!
Dec 2, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #631 of 1,494

Let's hope not I know a retailer down here who has already taken 3 to 4 orders, paid for in full via Web-CART
and it would just be shame to disappoint those punters looking forward to what looks like a promising
portable model 
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #632 of 1,494
I ordered some cans direct from harmanaudio.com on Sept 2 and some came right away. That last pair (K142HD) was backordered by two-weeks. When that day came, they pushed it back another month, then again, then again. I emailed them and told them they better be here by Christmas and they were free to substitute for anything better to make that deadline, and I listed a few models. THREE days later, they emailed back and said they'd ship in 1-2 days. That was supposed to happen a couple days ago and hasn't yet.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #633 of 1,494

Quote:
I ordered some cans direct from harmanaudio.com on Sept 2 and some came right away. That last pair (K142HD) was backordered by two-weeks. When that day came, they pushed it back another month, then again, then again. I emailed them and told them they better be here by Christmas and they were free to substitute for anything better to make that deadline, and I listed a few models. THREE days later, they emailed back and said they'd ship in 1-2 days. That was supposed to happen a couple days ago and hasn't yet.

They have those at my local futureshop. Don't know why they are backordered.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #634 of 1,494
I wrote to AKG support
"Hello. I'm very intereseted in this product. I thougt it was released on the 1st of December? When will I be able to buy it?"

Answer:
¨"I can understand your interest in K550. It has been released – and is actually already sold out. The interest is amazing.

I am working on getting extra stock for our website so that it will released for online sales as well.

Please be patient.

Have a great weekend."

I hope I'll have one before christmas. But I'm not sure.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #635 of 1,494

Quote:
I wrote to AKG support
"Hello. I'm very intereseted in this product. I thougt it was released on the 1st of December? When will I be able to buy it?"

Answer:
¨"I can understand your interest in K550. It has been released – and is actually already sold out. The interest is amazing.

I am working on getting extra stock for our website so that it will released for online sales as well.

Please be patient.

Have a great weekend."

I hope I'll have one before christmas. But I'm not sure.

....What?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #636 of 1,494
Damn these look amazing. I am interested. Especially if their supposed to be easy to drive.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #637 of 1,494
Dec 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #640 of 1,494

UPDATE: They shipped today!

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #641 of 1,494
There's a review of K550 in this weeks austrian - eMedia - magazine - they gave 4/5 stars.

the only complains were: WEAK BASS and warm ears:)

seems like a closed K701 to me - price mentioned is 299€

Some data from the review:
12-28000hz
114dB SPL/V
50mm driver
3m cable (non detachable)
305 g weight

The review is no way of a pro-headfier and not much of use for folks here, but theres few more things worth mentionig:

- very good build quality (plastic and metal)
- no headband auto-adjustment, instead of than 12 click adjustment
- and what may be important for some here: very good isolation! (in-out!)

hoping to see them soon in local stores :)

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #642 of 1,494
At a couple of polish online shops they're listed as available, but I haven't contacted them to ask whether it's true or not. What's more, one shop will probably sell them for 709 złotych (roughly 158 euro) what smells a bit fishy too me or maybe a killer deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back