null
May 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
I'm going to make this short and sweet. Still a bit new here, though I have been doing my homework on these headphones.

That being said I don't feel that simply reading reviews and what not truly allow me to make a decision. And so I've come here to ask for some help on deciding which to buy.
I've narrowed it to these three primarily because their closed, recommended often, and were priced relatively well. I plan on using them avidly while in public so the isolating nature is a must, also sound leakage would preferably be minimal. Another issue is clamping force, since I have a relatively small head (at least I think so..) I believe I'll have a bit of difficulty achieving a proper seal, specifically with the K550's.

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

Based on isolation and use in public, the K550 would be smart.

Very best,

May 31, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 7
those three are highly respectable cans for about US$350
which one is the best depends on many factors & genres of your music.
from those two I personally dont really get into Shure, usually their sound signature kinda flat , thin bass & not very fun.
but hey its just me, get 3 of them audiotioned and judge for yourself.

you can say i cant live without bass 

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 7
A closed, isolating, can to be used avidly in public?

Out of the k550, d2000 and the shure 840??

I can only recommend one- the shure 840. The others are very unsuitable based on their physical properties, especially the d2000. In no way are the k550 portable in the real sense (i.e. meant to be worn in public).  

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
 In no way are the k550 portable in the real sense (i.e. meant to be worn in public).  

^This. The K550 is very large and has very little clamping force. Thus, unless you plan on sitting like a statue on the bus or something, you may find that they will slide off of your head (or at least give the impression that they will) while on the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back