AKG K518 broken - looking for suitable headphones
Jun 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NeoBlu

New Head-Fier
I used the K518's now for about 3 months and finally I've some trouble with the cables. The cable broke inside the wire very near to the plug on one side, so I will send them back when I'm back from Japan.
I Might get refund for them, so I thought I would better invest in some new ones with better cables and better sound also, basically something around 100$.
I usually listen to electronic music, especially dub techno, deep house and so on so I would like to have a very dynamic and deep bass and relative clear mids to highs. I prefer the On-Ear type so basically something like DJ's would use. If someone knows ones who might fit my expectations, please don't hold back to tell me (^o^)

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Look up Numark's headphones and Pioneer's; their HDJ series seems quite well regarded and they now have a Bass Tune series and most of these headphones have detachable cables, so you won't have to worry about broken ones.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks a lot for the reply, recently went to Yodobashi Camera in Japan and had some time to listen to different headphones. Actually they dont threat Numark ones but the Pioneer HDJ-500 and I really like the sound of those.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Besides pioneer, Ultrasone HFI-450. They are underrated phones, but they do pretty good on the genres you like. (they are over the ear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back