United States
post-15470991
Post #1 of 3

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
AKG K500

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/HFwBxEP

Asking: SOLD 95 USD shipped and PayPal'd in US. I'm in MN.

In very good condition considering its age. One bit of cosmetic damage on the left earcup that's only really visible in certain angles - I'm sure you can just clean it right off with the right solution but I don't really wanna try that. The pads are a bit worn being odd and all but otherwise still has a bit of life to them still. The elastics still seem very good considering I've experience AKG's with elastics in worse condition. The headband looks great and so does everything else. The cable looks good.

I don't really like AKG headphones but this is one of the rare instances that I like an AKG headphone. It's smoother in the treble than the other few AKG's that I've tried. It's a very handsome headphone that I'd love to keep for its good looks alone but I don't use them enough.

Edit: Measured on a MiniDSP EARS with HPN compensation. The usual 3-5 kHz weirdness applies to the MiniDSP EARS measuring system though the response doesn't look too odd in that region with these headphones for some reason.

AKG K500 2.png

Channel balance is damn amazing for a headphone of this age.

-----------------------------------------------

From a smoke-less and pet-less home. Feel free to PM me any questions! I can ship internationally though it's at an extra cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svstem
post-15470996
Post #2 of 3

Svstem

Formerly known as Clockwise
Head-Fier
Reaction score
John Willis was an absolute madman.

Reactions: Feilong4
post-15473047
Post #3 of 3

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Added MiniDSP EARS measurements (HPN compensation). Note the amazing channel balance :wink:

Also, I decided to pull the 2 CD1700s out. I think they will be going on the 'bay.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)