AKG K450 vs Sennheiser PX200 II for daily commute
Jul 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dicetrain

New Head-Fier
I've been using cheapo Sony MDR-210 headphones but I'm starting to really miss all the wonderful sounds I listen to at home. I listen to a lot of kpop these days, which is rather club-like and so I am seriously missing the bass (unless I press them down on my head) However, the full range of clean digital sound is all through the genre of music so I don't want to skimp on quality.

The Senns apparently have better sound, but from some reviews I've read it seems like the AKGs need a nice burn-in and I wonder how many poor reviews are based on a snap judgment.

The AKGs run $30-40 more but the thing is they seem to have the perfect form factor that I need. When it gets colder out I'll be using them with hooded jackets and coats, so it's really nice to have something flat against my head. The detachable cord is also a big plus because these phones will be somewhat abused, in and out of my bag all the time. Having the shorter .5m cord seems really great for this purpose. The Senns look nice but I'm concerned about the band sticking out on the sides and the swivel-on-point earpiece design doesn't seem like it could take much abuse.

This makes it seems like I'm set on the AKGs, but I'm somewhat concerned about the sound quality difference, so that is where I need to hear from people who have them and have burned them in and everything.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 2

llorick

New Head-Fier
I've just gotten a pair and am about 40hrs of burn in.  Amazing.  I compared them to everything my local high end audio shop had to offer and got them for the form factor and replaceable cord.  I liked the sound enough that all together this was the best phone for me.  Burn in is essential, they are now a different animal than when new.  I can't say how much I like them, they are that good.

Users who are viewing this thread