AKG: K44mkII or K77
Nov 21, 2010 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
Good day fellas.

Two AKG not-so-famous Headphones, (compared to their bigger brothers) : K44mkII or K77, Both at 50$ in amazon/musician's friend at the moment.

K44 MKII (link to amazon)

moz-screenshot-2.png

moz-screenshot-3.png

K77 (link to amazon)

REALLY hi-quality images and specs in the AKG website: K44, K77

Never tried a AKG before, read some reviews at amazon and brought down my search to these two models, anyone have tired them both? or one of them? what would be your comments about them?

Both headphones specs are the same, same type: circumaural closed back. is the sound the same? very similar? or different?

I wont describe what I'm looking for because I am not really looking for anything specific, just want to give AKG a try and add a bit of "variety" to my humble collection. Ill be ok as long as they are not terrible SQ (tho i'd appreciate good quality bass) and i dont want to spend more than that.

Thank you all for your time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 20

Quote:
Good day fellas.

Two AKG not-so-famous Headphones, (compared to their bigger brothers) : K44mkII or K77, Both at 50$ in amazon/musician's friend at the moment.

K44 MKII (link to amazon)

moz-screenshot-2.png

moz-screenshot-3.png

K77 (link to amazon)

REALLY hi-quality images and specs in the AKG website: K44, K77

Never tried a AKG before, read some reviews at amazon and brought down my search to these two models, anyone have tired them both? or one of them? what would be your comments about them?

Both headphones specs are the same, same type: circumaural closed back. is the sound the same? very similar? or different?

I wont describe what I'm looking for because I am not really looking for anything specific, just want to give AKG a try and add a bit of "variety" to my humble collection. Ill be ok as long as they are not terrible SQ (tho i'd appreciate good quality bass) and i dont want to spend more than that.

Thank you all for your time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just to let you know..I believe I saw the k77 in a guitar center black friday ad for $30..You might want to check that out to make sure..

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back