AKG K340's have arrived!!
Mar 4, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.B.M.Head
I'm really thinking of replacing the dynamic drivers with some modern AKG drivers. Just have to get my hand on some K701 drivers
evil_smiley.gif

Is this even possible considering how the phone is laid out internally?

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #32 of 36
You haven't modded yours though right EBM?

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #33 of 36
No it's not modded yet.
Just having a look my K501 drivers. They might fit, but I don't want to destroy my K501s...

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #34 of 36
I can't be sure, but I think that switching the internal wiring so that it goes...

cable - bass driver - circuit board - electret

...might get rid of these bass problems you are having. Also, taping up the hole at the back and removing the cotton would be things to try.
smily_headphones1.gif

Note - By default the K340 is wired: cable - circuit board - electret - bass driver

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
Hmm, something iffy is going on. The left channel dropped out momentarily after I gave it to my roommate to listen to. However, after I took them back and shook the headphone and the cord connection lightly, it worked again. I'm tempted to think this is just a loose connection inside one of the earcups, which gets me thinking, do Headphile's recables for the K340 cost the same as Larry's other recables? I'm thinking that a recable would keep this problem from popping up again.

On a second note, what all mods are available for the K340 anyway? I know of recabling and the screen mod, but what else is there?

One of my channels was dropping out too. That's what prompted me to find this site and Headphile. I was just wanting to get the short fixed, the modds Larry did went way beyond my expectations! Turned my really good headphones into really great headphones!

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.B.M.Head
The K340 is a great headphone, no doubt, but some things could be better.
The bass is slow and the soundstage is congested compared to the airy and quick midrange and trebble. Some record sound really weird because of this.
I'm really thinking of replacing the dynamic drivers with some modern AKG drivers. Just have to get my hand on some K701 drivers
evil_smiley.gif

Hmmm, I had none of these complaints even before the modds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back