AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jan 10, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #2,101 of 4,058
I already put my se846 and others up for sale, to me their that great! I find the music to be so live and full but so explosive and fast and snappy! It dose have a little sparkle that some might not like but it's fine to me! I only wish the cable was changeable but it is a gem.

can.not.wait.

how is the synergy with the dx90 ? i see you have one, did you try them 2 together ?

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #2,104 of 4,058
I already put my se846 and others up for sale, to me their that great! I find the music to be so live and full but so explosive and fast and snappy! It dose have a little sparkle that some might not like but it's fine to me! I only wish the cable was changeable but it is a gem.

another k3003 convert

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #2,105 of 4,058
I bought the k3003 a while back and truth be told that I didn't use it due to the S sounds coming little hot at times.

After a long time I took them out for a listen a week ago and just decided to use them as my main iem. A week later I cannot get enough.

My urge if getting a new item has really settled . Hopfully we get to see akg answer to k3003 upgrade.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,106 of 4,058
funny how it goes. there are days when i'm more sensitive to treble, brighter sound signatures and even bass-heavy cans than others.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #2,107 of 4,058
funny how it goes. there are days when i'm more sensitive to treble, brighter sound signatures and even bass-heavy cans than others.

Funny that you say that...me too.  There have been times that I have been close to selling an IEM (the IE800 comes to mind), only to have it sound fantastic the next day.  I was thinking it maybe had to do with my choice of music for that day, but maybe we are more sensitive on some days vs others.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2,108 of 4,058
acoustic sensitivity depends a lot on a LOT of factors. basically, and to put it simple, your brain has a large area dedicated to every thing, so an area for seeing, an area for hearing. these areas, are divided in small areas, every little of them dedicated to hearing a singe thing, seeing a single thing. the more you exercise, the better it gets. 
when you are tired, very tired, basically, areas change their function, so the area for seeing starts to be used to hear, and so. this makes you much more sensitive to loud noises, or frequencies. this has happened due to evolution, and it is a great thing.

everyone who lives a normal life should experience this effect more or less. 

now, about k3003, what upgrade could ever be posible? i would enjoy akg putting interchangeable cables, and a better carry case, something like sennheiser ie8 had. the sound, i understand is the best sound yet in an iem. i am still to understand if it is the best sound ever heared.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,109 of 4,058
It has been a pretty long time since the K3K has been on the market. I wonder what type of technology AKG would even pursue should a successor be developed

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,110 of 4,058
  acoustic sensitivity depends a lot on a LOT of factors. basically, and to put it simple, your brain has a large area dedicated to every thing, so an area for seeing, an area for hearing. these areas, are divided in small areas, every little of them dedicated to hearing a singe thing, seeing a single thing. the more you exercise, the better it gets. 
when you are tired, very tired, basically, areas change their function, so the area for seeing starts to be used to hear, and so. this makes you much more sensitive to loud noises, or frequencies. this has happened due to evolution, and it is a great thing.

everyone who lives a normal life should experience this effect more or less. 

now, about k3003, what upgrade could ever be posible? i would enjoy akg putting interchangeable cables, and a better carry case, something like sennheiser ie8 had. the sound, i understand is the best sound yet in an iem. i am still to understand if it is the best sound ever heared.

Actually heard on the radio it has been scientifically proven that our hearing improves when we're hungry. Been trying this a few times myself and I definitely enjoy music/sound a bit more when I'm a bit hungry (not too hungry though!) and I think it makes sense.

Anorexia warning!!! 
eek.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #2,111 of 4,058
  Actually heard on the radio it has been scientifically proven that our hearing improves when we're hungry. Been trying this a few times myself and I definitely enjoy music/sound a bit more when I'm a bit hungry (not too hungry though!) and I think it makes sense.

Anorexia warning!!! 
eek.gif

I wonder if all of our senses improve when we get hungry, it would make sense from an survival/evolution standpoint. When we are hungry we become more aware of our surroundings so we can get food. Speaking of which, i'm pretty hungry, gotta go listen to music!

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,112 of 4,058
a cup of coffee and some good music , work wonders too
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #2,114 of 4,058
damn english post , mine is stuck up at heathrow since 30/12

i don't know what they are doing , but they sure ain't doing their job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back