AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
May 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #961 of 4,058
Quote:
GR07 is much better than GR10, only thing GR10 does better is lower mid detail and imaging. GR07 has solid treble extension with the right tips, certainly way better extension than the GR10

W4 is certainly better than the GR07 though, you just need the right tips and set-up. In stock form the W4 is merely slightly better, but can be taken to another level.

Whatever, I didn't say it was better even though I personally prefer it. I said it had better low level detail and that I could find faults in all. Take another chill pill and put down the pointy stick. I wasn't ranking to avoid zealots and just stating why it's not a top tier. Some things considered top tiers aren't either. No biggy. Even Eke agreed with the specifics.

May 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #962 of 4,058
Whatever, I didn't say it was better even though I personally prefer it. I said it had better low level detail and that I could find faults in all. Take another chill pill and put down the pointy stick. I wasn't ranking to avoid zealots and just stating why it's not a top tier. Some things considered top tiers aren't either. No biggy. Even Eke agreed with the specifics.

I'm just stating what it is, it was mentioned the GR07 is sibilant and lacks treble extension, but the GR10 merely has a bit less sibilance and far less treble extension. Superior resolution of the GR10 was mentioned, but it's not there, only in the bass/lower mid levels. 

May 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #963 of 4,058
I could not hear any coherency issue with akg3003. I do hear coherency issues in my surround speaker with 2 sub woofer. Tuning them was a pain, from trying different cross over frequencies, to placement, damping, diff amps, countless frequencies sweep and I have never really got it right and so I sold them and go with traditional 2 tower speaker.

But where is this coherency issues with akg3003i, I can't seem to detect any of it.
So I guess my experience with coherency maybe a little different from what others perceive.

Maybe there is qc issues here.. well maybe..

May 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #965 of 4,058
Quote:
I'm just stating what it is, it was mentioned the GR07 is sibilant and lacks treble extension, but the GR10 merely has a bit less sibilance and far less treble extension. Superior resolution of the GR10 was mentioned, but it's not there, only in the bass/lower mid levels. 

Whatever, we can disagree. It has nothing to do with the point of the post. We have 3 posters that own(ed) or have full access to the GR07 and like it that agree it doesn't have the best low level res. and EQ wont fix it. Simple point you can also disagree with if you like.

A year ago, I had to explain to you how the roll on a resistor loaded EQ7 wasn't because the IEM appeared to have a higher impedance to the source but instead that the damping factor had decreased. The opposite. Now you are the graph and resistor whisperer. I'll continue to allow my ears to put all those cool measurements into a tidy package. I don't buy listening devices for my eyes.

I'd really like to hear a K3003 some time. Perhaps we should get back to that. The point of the post that started this silly exchange is that EQ won't make another phone a K3003. No more, no less. If you don't like one of the examples, I don't happen to agree but, OK..

May 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #966 of 4,058
Quote:
Well, I can agree to a certain extent, but not quite as much as you. For example, the RE400 is nearly as good as the GR07... Now that's 100$! When I go from the re400/gr07 to the ie800's i'm left severely underwhelmed, but they still remain some of the best iem's >300$

And lol, my post is going to be about using hydrogen peroxide for those who don't know
tongue.gif

I don't know but want to. When will you write your post and where will you publish it? Please keep me (us) posted! Thanks!

May 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #967 of 4,058
Quote:
I don't know but want to. When will you write your post and where will you publish it? Please keep me (us) posted! Thanks!

Spoilers:

go to your local drug store and pick up a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Lay on your side and pour a capful into one ear. There will be an intense bubbling going on. Do not be alarmed, this is just the peroxide breaking up the earwax. After 10-15 minutes, go drain your ear somewhere sanitary lol. Repeat for the other side.

May 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #969 of 4,058
Quote:
I could not hear any coherency issue with akg3003. I do hear coherency issues in my surround speaker with 2 sub woofer. Tuning them was a pain, from trying different cross over frequencies, to placement, damping, diff amps, countless frequencies sweep and I have never really got it right and so I sold them and go with traditional 2 tower speaker.

But where is this coherency issues with akg3003i, I can't seem to detect any of it.
So I guess my experience with coherency maybe a little different from what others perceive.

Maybe there is qc issues here.. well maybe..

I can't hear it either. But some insist it is there at the crossover range between the bass speaker and the mid armature speaker. I suspect it is just one of those things that you either tune into or not.

May 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #970 of 4,058
I was just about to buy the K3003 then the IE800 then the K3003... The reason I have this on standby is because of the
VSonic GR07BE. These IEM are just fantastic. I have compared them to the new Sony 7550 and the HD800 and they are really
top clase IEMs.  I seriously beleive the K3003 and IE800 are both better but to such a marginal and small extent that the investment is not
yet justifiable... 

May 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #972 of 4,058
Quote:
I was just about to buy the K3003 then the IE800 then the K3003... The reason I have this on standby is because of the
VSonic GR07BE. These IEM are just fantastic. I have compared them to the new Sony 7550 and the HD800 and they are really
top clase IEMs.  I seriously beleive the K3003 and IE800 are both better but to such a marginal and small extent that the investment is not
yet justifiable... 

The k3003 is substantially better than the orginial GR07. It's like going from a HD650 to an LCD2 in terms of upgrade proportion.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #973 of 4,058
Quote:
The k3003 is substantially better than the orginial GR07. It's like going from a HD650 to an LCD2 in terms of upgrade proportion.

You've yet to mention how they're so much better. I dislike when people say "x is so much better than y. The difference is night and day."

In my experience, most of this is pure hyperbole.

May 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #974 of 4,058
Quote:

You've yet to mention how they're so much better. I dislike when people say "x is so much better than y. The difference is night and day."

In my experience, most of this is pure hyperbole.

Instead of breaking it down, which is too long, I'll just say what the GR07 does better to me. I prefer the balance of the midrange ever so slightly on the GR07 as it's got more warmth to it. The AKG's center stage also seems a bit too small compared to the width extension. But everything else is plain better besides this.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #975 of 4,058
Quote:
Instead of breaking it down, which is too long, I'll just say what the GR07 does better to me. I prefer the balance of the midrange ever so slightly on the GR07 as it's got more warmth to it. The AKG's center stage also seems a bit too small compared to the width extension. But everything else is plain better besides this.

Please, humor me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back