AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Sep 2, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #3,271 of 4,058
Just received mine.. How the hell do you insert it into your ears? I can't get a good seal and it keeps falling out..

small tips 
shallow insertion
try not to cover the small vent with the tips in the cylindric part of the base

enjoy

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #3,273 of 4,058
yeah, just try to get used to them barely sitting in the ear. It took me a couple of week. I was thinking that they just wouldn't work. 

You don't get a "seal" like you do with other IEMs. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #3,274 of 4,058
  You don't get a "seal" like you do with other IEMs. 

Interesting. I do get a good seal with the 3003, not different from any other IEM I tried. And I don't need to play with them to have a shallow insertion. I suppose I was simply lucky to have a good fit with the medium tips. I would advice playing with the tips, at first I thought the large tips would be what I need, but they just made the IEMs to fall from my ears. 

If one has trouble with getting a good fit and will try a shallow insertion, I'm afraid that will alter the bass and get a thin sound from these. If the supplied tips don't work, I would try other tips that I know work for me, although the signature of the IEMs will change, but probably less than an improper seal.

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3,275 of 4,058
likewise - had no problems with fit or getting a seal but i prefer a shallow fit anyways

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #3,276 of 4,058
My ears are definitely part of the problem. I struggle with various IEMs, but the seal on these does not shut out a lot of noise, so its definitely different than, say, the Ety ER4s where you clearly know when it seals.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #3,279 of 4,058
My ears are definitely part of the problem. I struggle with various IEMs, but the seal on these does not shut out a lot of noise, so its definitely different than, say, the Ety ER4s where you clearly know when it seals.

I hear a small 'pop' when I insert the 3003. When I hear it it's the sign that the seal was created. Doesn't happen with other IEMs though.

Wow! These AKG are even brighter then my IE800.. 

They are, indeed. But they have something in common with the IE800 too: they are what I call small wonders 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back