AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Mar 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2,671 of 4,058
  How's the cable durability on the K3003i? And how lenient is AKG regarding warranty swaps if cable goes kaput?

cable is ok people here have said they didn't encounter any huge problems, the warranty is 2 years so if the cable goes kaput you are covered i guess

cheers

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #2,672 of 4,058
just think that the k3003 is not the kind of phone you treat carelessly and that includes the cable. when you're paying over a grand for an earphone it's in your interest to look after it.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #2,674 of 4,058
  So Angie is on her way to my house.

K3003 vs Angie SmackDown 2015 Coming Soon!

Let's get ready to rumbbblllllllllllllllle!

Speaking of rumble, if you like K3003's bass, you'll find the Angie quite different. Lowest bass registers are slightly rolled off with the mid bass being just a hair over neutral (still lower than K3003's mid bass). The mids and highs are awesome. Female vocals sound extremely good on Angie but as per my sonic preference, K3003 is extremely hard to beat.

With that said, the soundstage on Angie WILL put your K3003 to shame, this I can guarantee. It's bananas

I auditioned them side by side a while back, both are very good. If you can get a ballsdeep insertion with Angie the ergonomics are not bad terrible.

just think that the k3003 is not the kind of phone you treat carelessly and that includes the cable. when you're paying over a grand for an earphone it's in your interest to look after it.

Oh I take extremely good care of my IEM's its just that if I find myself in a situation where the cable breaks and I have no coverage whatsoever, I would consider the K3003 to be an extremely bad value proposition in comparison to the competition, a majority of which have swappable cables. I am glad to hear that is not the case however. I can't say that I've broken any IEM cables yet, knock on wood!

I meant more along the lines of connection dropouts, not catastrophic *cable ripped out of the IEM* type of incident. I have personally dealt with companies that will flat out refuse to help you in those situations. I've never done business with AKG before, that's why I was asking.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #2,675 of 4,058
In my Opinion the most important thing in Case of K3003 are the EAR TIPS!!!

I was owner of Roxanne,sounds good yes but not much comfortable,to Heavy.to Big,fits not good enough for this Price, with the FAD TIPS the K3003 sounds better than my K812

Regards NOMAX

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,676 of 4,058
  Speaking of rumble, if you like K3003's bass, you'll find the Angie quite different. Lowest bass registers are slightly rolled off with the mid bass being just a hair over neutral (still lower than K3003's mid bass). The mids and highs are awesome. Female vocals sound extremely good on Angie but as per my sonic preference, K3003 is extremely hard to beat.

With that said, the soundstage on Angie WILL put your K3003 to shame, this I can guarantee. It's bananas

I auditioned them side by side a while back, both are very good. If you can get a ballsdeep insertion with Angie the ergonomics are not bad terrible.

Sounds promsing. Haha. I hope to keep both. If it can put the K3003 to shame in any aspect I would kinda be blown away. I'm looking for marginal improvements here and there if at all.

I really need to get some FAD tips somehow... urgghhh.. why does one man have so many I have none??? Nomax send me one!
devil_face.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,677 of 4,058
In my Opinion the most important thing in Case of K3003 are the EAR TIPS!!!

I was owner of Roxanne,sounds good yes but not much comfortable,to Heavy.to Big,fits not good enough for this Price, with the FAD TIPS the K3003 sounds better than my K812

Regards NOMAX

do you have any unused fad tips for sale ? any chance of shipping me a pair ? i could pay you in advance , i live in Europe

regards

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #2,678 of 4,058
Yes i have it,you are intersted to buy it,send me a private Message

Shipping only in EUROPE!!

Regards NOMAX

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,679 of 4,058
Mar 10, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #2,680 of 4,058

Europe only!?
You're killing me NOMAX!

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #2,682 of 4,058
Sounds promsing. Haha. I hope to keep both. If it can put the K3003 to shame in any aspect I would kinda be blown away. I'm looking for marginal improvements here and there if at all.

the law of diminishing returns dictates that any "improvement" so called will be marginal at best and more likely to be a matter of personal preference :wink:

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #2,683 of 4,058
I got my Final Audio ear tips today. 

My first impressions: 
The tips are very tight so it is not easy to set them to the K3003, but at least it works.

The sound impression changes to a darker sound, a little bit like my LCD-2. The insulation is better as the original tips and the rest you hear from outside is also darker. I'm loving the changes the tips make.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #2,684 of 4,058
  I got my Final Audio ear tips today. 

My first impressions: 
The tips are very tight so it is not easy to set them to the K3003, but at least it works.

The sound impression changes to a darker sound, a little bit like my LCD-2. The insulation is better as the original tips and the rest you hear from outside is also darker. I'm loving the changes the tips make.

which of the 2 available tips are the ones to get ? the site shows 2 different kinds

https://www.finalaudio.nl/nl/webshop.html

Ear pads

1. Ear pads high sound insulation type A € 15,00
  2. Ear pads low resonance type B € 15,00

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #2,685 of 4,058
I got the type A. Type B are not in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back