akg k271 vs k240
Oct 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

007noob007

New Head-Fier
sorry for so manny  threads, i think and hope this will be my last one. i narowed it down to just 2 headphones

witch one of the 2 headphones are better (akg k271 or akg 240)?
i will not be using an amp! i will use my phone!  (galaxy s)

btw
[size=10pt] "  i like rock such as AC/DC, gunz and roses, pink Floyd, disco panic.[/size]
[size=10pt]i like folk, jazz, Irish music, western music, some hip hop, and classical music.[/size]
[size=10pt]as you can see I like a lot of types of music. i like to hear every thing clear, every "side voice"[/size]
[size=10pt]like in this song:[/size]
[size=10pt]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZjvbSC9_M&feature=related"[/size]
[size=10pt]I want to hear every sound super clear (there are tons of instrument in this song.. that you can barely hear! I want to hear all of them! apart!) "[/size]

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 27
For your need, I vote for K271 over K240 simply because it's a closed phone.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 27
K271 were among my least favorite closed headphone I've owned.   They had some nice qualities (comfort, mids, treble) but the bass was so lacking that music was unbalanced and boring.  And they absolutely need an amp.  Someone else can tell you about K240, but I've found that open headphones consistently sound better than closed headphones.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 27
Did not end up keeping the K271 either, mainly for lack of bass, although there are those who love it. The K240 MK II will give you better bass and is the one I would use in your circumstance. YMMV.

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 27
[size=10pt]my problem is the fact that alot of people are "i love it" and some people are "i hate it"[/size]
[size=10pt]What i know what i want? i like a clear sound so i can hear every thing... the question is will it feet my music or not.. and ihave no clue[/size]

[size=10pt]btw, both are mkii. witch if im not wrong mean both are 55 ohm. so as far as i know is that they dont need an amp.[/size]

[size=10pt]btw both have detachable cable right?[/size]

[size=10pt](sorry if my english sucks.. i not from the us... trying my best lol)[/size]

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 27
I have both of them.
Yes, they both have detachable cable.
They will sound ok (but not great) from your cell phone.
The sound signature of those two are similar, they are good for people who cares about sound of instruments.
The so call "lack of bass" problem (the reason why some may not like it) is more prominent in K240 due to its open design.
So I would suggest K271 out of these two.
However, you may want to try other phones.
If you want to go for closed phones, try Shure SRH840 (even more easier to drive by portable players)

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 27
im gonna buy the k471... just beacuse its closed and i need it for the bus!

does any one know if they realy need an amp? or i can deal without it.

can i get a case for them?

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 27
They don't *need* an amp - but they improve quite a bit with one - even just a CMOY

Jaben sells a "hippocase" that would work well for them. http://jaben.net/shopping2/Hippocase_Big.html

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #11 of 27
is the Fiio E3 good engush? will it make it lowder of just sound better?
how big will be the diifence?
(i would have bought the e5 but im missing like 50 dollars for what im gonna buy now.. cant aford to pay much more then that 

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #12 of 27
No, I'd probably wait and get a CMoy... get just the phones for now, then save up and get a CMoy (or FiiO E7/11, or similar), avoiding the FiiO E3/5/6.

It will make them sound better. Better bass, more controlled sound.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #14 of 27
It's easy to stack the phone and use (essentially) rubber bands to hold them together. Heavier than phone alone, but still very much portable. I use such a rig on my train/bus every day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back