AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Nov 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #121 of 1,152
I suppose this will be my introduction to the forum.  I have been very intrigued by these and will be watching closely.  The one thing that I do want to point out to people that are concerned about these potentially being bass heavy is that we need to consider the fact that these are being designed with DJs in mind.  Should there be more bass than most audiophiles expect out of a "good" set of headphones...well, it's most likely because that was the intention.  So for those that will be reviewing these, I hope that all things are considered.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #123 of 1,152
subscribed :)

got the 550 and very happy with it but waiting for a comparisson review cuzz as allready stated by several others, this headphone is  bass shy. if the 267 has more (controlled) bass its gonne be a winner (also uberlove the looks) :)

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #124 of 1,152
Quote:
Theres a switch with 3 levels of bass, being one of them, neutral.

To say that we already know exactly what each mode will provide is hasty at best.  What one manufacturer claims to be flat varies from the next.  We just have to wait until it is released.  My main point is that these headphones are built with a specific application in mind and that we shouldn't let that go unacknowledged.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #126 of 1,152
Quote:
I disagree. I think these will have the versatility to have several applications in mind.

I sure hope so myself.  I own V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and I have been happy with them but after a while of using them for DJing I have realized that, while the sound is great for DJing, I really want a set with rotating cups.  With these coming to the market soon, I am waiting for a bit before I make a purchase.  If they kill it and produce something truly special in that I can use them for a multitude of applications, what a gift these will be.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #129 of 1,152
Quote:

Whats wrong with the Beyer Custom Ones?

I think he means they have three-way bass adjustment as well.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #132 of 1,152

Whats wrong with the Beyer Custom Ones?

cheaper than K267 LoL

I own the Custom Ones and the bass knobs are no gimmick.  They work very well.  I do like the sound but I'm hoping and expecting the AKG's to be superior in sound.  

Yes, cause the price is higher

Quote:
subscribed :)

got the 550 and very happy with it but waiting for a comparisson review cuzz as allready stated by several others, this headphone is  bass shy. if the 267 has more (controlled) bass its gonne be a winner (also uberlove the looks) :)

yes its bass shy, good for bass-less songs

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #133 of 1,152
Really? I heard the Custom One Pro was kind of bad. Tyll apparently didn't even like them enough to give them a full review.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-october-2012-update

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #134 of 1,152
Quote:

Yes, cause the price is higher

That means nothing. There are a lot of Beyer fans that would eat you alive for that, lol.
tongue.gif
But, I've always loved the AKG house sound better than Beyer so the added cost will be worth it. Plus the K267 looks way sexier, anyway...

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #135 of 1,152
The page with all of the good info is down, leaving only AKG's crappy press page. Why is this?

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1332,pid,1332,nodeid,2,_country,ENUS,_language,EN,country,ENUS.html

http://tiesto.akg.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back