AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Dec 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #376 of 1,152
You have to be looking for more bass then, no?
I have owned both the k181 and k81 and while I loved that detachable cable and comfort out of the box of the 181 I found the sound of the K81s superior even though it took me some time to bend the headband to my liking. Maybe it was just me. But the 167 have better highs, lows, treble and more precise bass, but less overpowering bass.

Yes, bass is something I want more of. Good quality and quantity are both difficult to find in a headphone.

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #377 of 1,152
Quote:

I remember auditioning K181 in a store once and didn't find anything spectacular about them but it's such a long ago and was a source from the shop used etc so hardly any valid judgment can be made out of that (preferences in sound has greatly changed since then too). I wonder why these headphones are so often overlooked though, it's like they barely exist around head-fi parts.

Maybe because they look exactly like the k81 and k518. Good thing they upgraded the design with the k618.

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #378 of 1,152
I still have the K181dj here, but comparing it to the K267 is like comparing a VW Beetle to a Ferrari, the clamping force of the K181dj is terrible, the pads are awful, and the bass is lacking, the highs are nowhere near as good as the highs of the K267,  I have changed the pads on the K181dj that imporved the comfort but more bass seems to be absent.

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #381 of 1,152
Quote:
I concur.
Having to mod a $300+ pair of cans so that they aren't as uncomfortable, is ridiculous.
If they aren't comfortable the way they are already designed, they aren't for you.
That's like buying a pair of air jordans that are too small, but they'd fit better if you removed the insole.
There are enough options out there where larger-eared people can find a set of headphones that fit them properly and sound good as well.
One man's poison is another man's medicine.
People here get googly-eyed over new products and things get over-hyped, and people fall for the hyperbole of these products and purchase them without considering the fit.
Headphones should be comfortable. Especially if they are expensive.
Companies should be putting the dimensions of the earpads of over-ear headphones among the other specs.

Please guide me to a pair of phones  that are big like the Denon D7000, closed and sound like the AKG K267...

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #382 of 1,152
Quote:
Agreed - where are those answers we were promised? I'd like to know whether or not I should cancel my order or not...

No offense to those who have them, but it would be great if they could help us less-lucky people decide - right?

what answers are you looking for? those who own these phones can only give their opinion about them, nothing more. Some are asking for pictures, how would they help in determining how they sound? They only way one can decide if they are the phones for you is to put them on your head and listen. 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #383 of 1,152
Does anyone know of any used D5000s for sale and in good condition?

frown.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #384 of 1,152
I still have the K181dj here, but comparing it to the K267 is like comparing a VW Beetle to a Ferrari, the clamping force of the K181dj is terrible, the pads are awful, and the bass is lacking, the highs are nowhere near as good as the highs of the K267,  I have changed the pads on the K181dj that imporved the comfort but more bass seems to be absent.

Hi Eddy, this is very interesting to hear. Is it possible to make some more detailed comparisons between the two, 181 and 267?
It is interesting because I feel like no other headphones I've used so far have hit me like the 181s. I've used D2000,D5000,Pro900s...various others...but I'm hoping the 267s have even bigger sound than the 181s. I returned the 167s because they sounded too weak and frail. It makes me sad to hear the 267s have a similar sound to the 167s. I want big, deep, beautiful sound!

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #386 of 1,152
Quote:
Please guide me to a pair of phones  that are big like the Denon D7000, closed and sound like the AKG K267...

Seeing that almost no one here has a K267, I guess expecting any recommendation will be futile... :p
I would recommend the Ultrasone Signature Pro, but they can be a bit uncomfortable (and pricey!), or the Mad Dogs (but they lack the bass you probably crave...)

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #387 of 1,152
Are the people who have the K267s using them on the studio setting? If not, that could be the reason that they are not getting good isolation. If you open up the vents (Club and Stage), you are obviously going to lose isolation and get leakage.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #388 of 1,152
Quote:
They only way one can decide if they are the phones for you is to put them on your head and listen. 
happy_face1.gif

We wont be able to get them on our head until mid-january. All the stores that got them are pretty much sold out, and even if they weren't, we're not paying the inflated European prices for them - no way.

what answers are you looking for? 

Could you tell me how the isolation/leakage fares on each sound setting? I'm assuming it leaks more as you open the vents, correct?

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #389 of 1,152
depending on where you ordered yours I have been talking to AMS and they are expecting them to arrive any day now and will be shipping them out theres a chance depending on when you ordered them that you could get them before xmas 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #390 of 1,152
Are they worth it though? For me? I'm doing SOME own producing every now and then but mostly I'll use them to listen at home or on the go. Should the k167's suit me better than the k267's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back