AKG k240s vs. Audio Technica ath-m50
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nullPointerException

100+ Head-Fier
i plan to buy one of these two cans so i need to know the ups and downs between them, which one is better than the other in what feilds and visa-versa. any information about the two cans will be greatly apreciated. I will be using these with an ipod touch 2g and I will probably getting a fiio amp. I listen to heavy rock, ska, and a bit of metal. any oppinions are welcome and appreciated. let the flame wars begin

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullPointerException /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright, then i guess i will have to wait for fiio e5 reviews, but im a bit confused because i've read that the k240 is supposed to have good bass and mids while the m50 has good bass but the mids are scooped a bit

FWIR...

You would get good sound from each of these, better with an appropriate amp and a decent source. However, between these two and for the music you listen to, I would go with the M50.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR...

You would get good sound from each of these, better with an appropriate amp and a decent source. However, between these two and for the music you listen to, I would go with the M50.

alright m50 it is. now i have to find some pics of it being worn. thanks 1time

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

alright m50 it is. now i have to find some pics of it being worn. thanks 1time

Here you go even better than a pic a VIDEO!!!

YouTube - オーディオクニカã®TVCM (30 sec ver)

smily_headphones1.gif

BTW this is also the one I purchased it shall arrive in a week.

I am going totaly on 1Time recommendation here as I did not take these guys advice the first time and I bought a HD555 and I was very disappointed. SO I sold them and got myself the ATH-M50

I am a hip hop person / trance so I am hoping these phones does magic
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going totaly on 1Time recommendation here as I did not take these guys advice the first time and I bought a HD555 and I was very disappointed. SO I sold them and got myself the ATH-M50

I'm sure you'll enjoy the M50 more than the HD555. I suggested it based on what I have read. I've never used the M50, but I have used the HD555.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 11
Yeah the HD555 is great for people who listen to Classical music.
But then again I do not know anyone of the thousands of people I met my whole life that listens to classical music.

Usually the people I kniow listens to either Trance, Rock, Hip Hop, Rap, Crunk, Techno, Eurodance, Hits of the 80's.

Those are basically what I listen to anyways I kinda give up on most reggae as I find it backwards and quite useless music. Save for Sean paul though.

I do listen to some very rare African music. The ones that is similar to Hans Zimmer. I listen to very rare soft music like for example movie sound tracks they are amazing if you ask me.

Like this song here by Hans Zimmer it really represents why the Lion is forever the "King of Beasts"
It should have even been used in Lion King movie instead of black hawk down.

YouTube - Hans Zimmer - Black Hawk Down (Main Theme)

african-lion-closeup.jpg

Amazing handsome but deadly guy though
smily_headphones1.gif

This guy in this pic here is actually the Only Living thing that fears nothing and can defeat anyone in a battle including the so called Fictional thing we call God.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

yeah, i would never concider the 555, i read about it and it did not seem to fit my needs, if i was going to get open i would get the ath-ad700. thanks for the video john

Sure thing mate.

Here is another nice one again its very remarkable Hans Zimmer is Amazing.
Though not as Amazing as Shakira
smily_headphones1.gif

YouTube - Pearl Harbor - Tennessee theme - Hans Zimmer

Lovely song track!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hawaii is my dream country that I shall live one day. Greatest waves on earth for Surfing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 11
Ow almost forgot here are the greatest instrumental music on the Planet. What people listen to and call classical music is really garbage compared to these links I have here.

Not a day goes by when I do not listen to this song

The Shore of Dreams (Another World) by Yasunori Mitsuda
From the greatest RPG of all time Chrono Cross.

YouTube - 07 - Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World

And here is another of the world's greatest in instrumentals.
The Temple of Light / Demon Door music of Fable

YouTube - Fable temple of light or Demon door music

These my friend is what you call real instrumental music.
Yasunori Mitsuda is someone that is just as creative as Shakira they both use music of different regions and combine them together thats why they make so much money.
smily_headphones1.gif

They not as narrow minded as the average idiots I have met.
smily_headphones1.gif

YouTube - Chrono Cross - Times Scar

YouTube - Chrono Cross OST 1-14 Shadow Forest

Enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back