AKG K240M ( Monitor ) 600 ohm w/ like new replaced AKG pads/earside inserts +parts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Jun 29, 2015 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
SOLD  THANKS!

These are a necessary sacrifice as they are the key that started my journey into head-fi insanity.
I can still recall the first moment I put them on to try I was stunned ( Coming from Nuforce iems ).
That's a moment I will never forget and it started a bit of an severe obsession here in Head-fi that I may or may not regret.

So my theory is that if these keystone AKG K240M were sold it might stop everything for me and begin a reversal ( wishful thinking ).
I'm hoping, I'm hoping.

Picture below is exposed baffle showing driver and surrounding passive tuned diaphragms.
( *** note these have newer AKG pads and  AKG = pads/inserts shown in this old picture are now replaced = see below description. Have to keep the sound stock 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

So what we have here 

=600 ohm rated  K240M ( Monitor )

=Original cable and TRS end ( far as I can tell, = it is the ridged cable.)

=Newer replacement actual AKG brand pads from AVShop.ca, rolling other pads ruins the sound , tested this multiple times , the proper stock ( in decent shape ) pad height is critical. [ ~20 hours on new pads roughly ]
http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc

=Newer replacement actual AKG earside foam-backed fabric inserts particular to this model to bring sound back to stock as exact as possible. Also from AVShop.ca.
http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair

=Foam inside cups should still be  good, it is a wide space reticulated "foam" ( hardly worthy of the name foam at all ) like used in fishtank filters, only there to hold all the gimbals in place during their range of motion while using far as I know that is it's function.
When it fails you will know it has failed, there will be black specs of crumbly bits falling out the vents ( had that happen to a K240 Sextett I used to own )

=one side elastic works well and is springy, one side not so much but the one side makes up for the other and can easily get away with it as-is.

=Badges were missing when I bought these , have been replaced with AKG 140 (??? I FORGET what's underneath there now ) metal badges and overlaid with a sort of brushed gold colour pro-sign vinyl decal. I can see if I have some extra to include in case you ever need to open these up and happen to wreck that somehow.
I kind of like this look better myself.

These have been living in a large antique wood headphone cabinet most of the time so not all that much dust, but i will Deoxit the plug end and dust what little is there.

And do I need to say it? Yes they do work great.

**** Since the round headband slider/tensile band holders tend to crack and get fragile with age, as well as when opening them up and when tightening them , I will throw in all the extra extra pieces ( with the tiny screws ) from a K140 headband assembly, exact same size. Saves the trouble of finding them later on or having to buy a donor shell. It is enough to redo all four round points as seen above if a part shatters at any point.(pics below)

******It should go without saying these like a beefy source/amp to show their best

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 3

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
I like in California, would you ship to California?

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 3

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
check your pm
regular_smile .gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread