1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jon l, Jun 15, 2007.
First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
  1. Hofy
    I sold my MP K240 Sexett a couple of years ago because I did not have the power to drive them. Stupid me.
    I now have a Schiit Asgard 3 so I figure let's try again. Seen these on fleabay earlier in the week. Not much info but the buy it now price was right at $40! So I took a chance.
    They came in yesterday. Mid Production! Score! They will need some TLC but they work as is for now.

@Baycode the angled pads, are they oval or round. I am not finding them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    tdogzthmn likes this.
  2. Baycode
    Very nice find for 40 USD!

EDIT: I have attached oval Brainvawz VELOUR angled memoryfoam ear-pads. They become round once they attached. Use some air dryer heat to soften them before attachment (if needed).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Hofy and larcenasb like this.
  3. larcenasb
    I second the Brainwavz pads, however, I found the hybrids to have a better-balanced sound for me. The all-pleather provides such a good seal that my Sextetts' bass was bloated and overbearing.

Good tip about the hair dryer!

Baycode likes this.
  4. Baycode
    I am so sorry I have mistakenly written pleather, I use VELOUR ones!!! Thanks! I will edit my original reply as well!

larcenasb likes this.
  5. larcenasb
    I was wondering what you would have thought about the difference between the two! Nice, we're in the same boat.

I see you have a Darkvoice OTL tube amp...I'm using a Bottlehead Crack OTL with a 6SN7 input, so we have a pretty similar standard for high-quality audio. :) Cheers!

Baycode likes this.
  6. Baycode
    Sorry for late reply.

With velour K240 Sextett sounds more open, slightly more holographic, bass is reduced a little bit compared to pleather but it is more balanced and overall HP sounds more linear compared to pleather. Pleather improves the bass and also high region were sharper as far as I can remember. Also velours are more comfy and makes less sweat so I prefer them overall.

Enjoy the Sextett. Cheers! :)

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84