AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #331 of 1,489
I knew they would beat the Sennheiser Momentum's. Thanks for your impressions sharpie
wink.gif

For me, these will be competition for the V-Moda M100's, M4U2, etc. Wish some M100/M4U2 user give them a try one of these days and take some time for a brief comparison ; )

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #334 of 1,489
congratz to this wise decision, no joking!

in the very beginning of this thread miow said something very encouraging. he stated, that with the K167 he's browsing through his entire music collection again due to the vitruosity and at the same time punchiness these cans are able to display. actually, man, the same is happening to me now, lol. It's so much fun to listen with them, that I'm also looking for some old pearls to dig up and give them a listen on the K167. E.g. "Alice in Chains - Jar of flies" from 1994. Simply amazing, it's like the songs awakened and came alive again.

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #337 of 1,489
Quote:
I'm going to wait, I think it will be worth it in the end. I outlined the improvements and such, so for those reasons, I'll be waiting into the new year for mine.

of course you can wait...but for many of us the "upgrade" from 167 to 267 will cost 260 USD (200 EUR) for example (ok, at least that's the actual pricing politics here in europe). So I'm really happy with the K167 and not thinking of upgrading...maybe in future when the price for the K267 drops significantly and the reviews are also favourable^^

just my 2c

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #338 of 1,489
Quote:

of course you can wait...but for many of us the "upgrade" from 167 to 267 will cost 260 USD (200 EUR) for example (ok, at least that's the actual pricing politics here in europe). So I'm really happy with the K167 and not thinking of upgrading...maybe in future when the price for the K267 drops significantly and the reviews are also favourable^^

just my 2c

Thats right and I hope I won't regret the upgrade (the money spent), when I'm loving the K167s to death.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #340 of 1,489
I just received my pair without about 6 hrs of burn in. These are so far my favorite headphones I have tried out of the UE 6000, m-50, fidelio l1, hd25, klipsh image one, yamaha pro 300, beats, and denon 2000.

The tremble is simply amazing, Its very crystal clear and detailed. Vocals sound so rich and smooth- and extremely accurate. Bass is alright, not boomy at all.

Something I did notice is the music feels like its coming into my ears from each side of my head. it doesnt sound like the band is playing in front of me. I also find I need to turn the tremble reducing setting on in itunes to get the desired sound I want. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #341 of 1,489
Quote:
I just received my pair without about 6 hrs of burn in. These are so far my favorite headphones I have tried out of the UE 6000, m-50, fidelio l1, hd25, klipsh image one, yamaha pro 300, beats, and denon 2000.

The treble is simply amazing, Its very crystal clear and detailed. Vocals sound so rich and smooth- and extremely accurate. Bass is alright, not boomy at all.

Thats great news. I had a feeling they would outperform the Ultimate Ears UE6000's. And I pefer them over the DENON D5000's. Whats left? ; )

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #343 of 1,489
Quote:

Thats great news. I had a feeling they would outperform the Ultimate Ears UE6000's. And I pefer them over the DENON D5000's. Whats left? ; )

They are definitely better than the UE. Vocals sound pretty darn close. I remember the UEs having great vocals and quantity of tremble. However, the tremble on the AKGs are just far superior in term of quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back