AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #286 of 1,489
Quote:
Of course then we pair it with the ZO to boost the bass to satisfaction
very_evil_smiley.gif

Of course. :D But I'm already used to listening to Q40 bass response with ZO set to yellow. It can be best explained as two higher quality subs strapped to your ears that just outputs the bass when it should with a nice punch but remains nicely controlled. ^^

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #287 of 1,489
Quote:

Good info! Thanks for sharing. Depending on who answered the info might or might not be accurate but if it is then probably K267 won't be THAT much bassier  in the "stage" mode then but probably just where I want it to be personally, ie. basshead-esque bass levels but not extreme levels, what miow and me wants. ^^

Yes, Sir!
atsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #290 of 1,489
Quote:
 I'm really trying to find something about the sound that I don't like, but I got nothing.  Usually after having a headphone for a few days I can find something, but I don't have anything. :O
The other day when I was using these while shopping, I was listening to this, and I was like HOLY FAAAAAAAAACK.  Tears started coming out.  I had to leave the store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWHyTYoiv4

PFU, what genre of music is this? It doesn't sound exactly as Dub Step. It's more relaxed, which I love (I don't like pure Dub Step much. Way too agressive. Boring). And man, got the album, its amazing with the K167's.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #291 of 1,489
Quote:

PFU, what genre of music is this? It doesn't sound exactly as Dub Step. It's more relaxed, which I love (I don't like pure Dub Step much. Way too agressive. Boring). And man, got the album, its amazing with the K167's.

That song could be classified as drum and bass, but leaning more towards breaks or breakbeat.  That Tangram album seems to have a breaks influence, and that is apparent with the track called "Check 1, 2".  But people would call that "glitch hop" now.

Not sure what you are classifying "pure dubstep", explaining that could throw this thread off track if we are trying to compare different types of dubstep ahaha.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #293 of 1,489
Quote:

That song could be classified as drum and bass, but leaning more towards breaks or breakbeat.  That Tangram album seems to have a breaks influence, and that is apparent with the track called "Check 1, 2".  But people would call that "glitch hop" now.

Not sure what you are classifying "pure dubstep", explaining that could throw this thread off track if we are trying to compare different types of dubstep ahaha.

Thanks. That clarifies: ; ) Already looking for some breakbeat.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #294 of 1,489
is ther anyone here who owns both the k167 and the AT a900x? if so, a short comparison would be lovely. i know theyr not really that alike- im wondering how the k167 handles software eqing. if they dont handle it well, ill probably get the a900x. for me its mostly about the sub-bass iv discovered, and quantity is easily applied with eq'ing - its the quality im after.

Quote:

Thanks. That clarifies: ; ) Already looking for some breakbeat.

my personal favorites are enduser

and venetian snares

just thought id share, hope it wasnt too presumptuous :p
Quote:
Depends. ZO2 would be more musical and you have the ability to finetune the amount of bass you want. E11 is more neutral (I saw it mostly as a volume booster), and has 2 bass boost options.
Zo is also a lot smaller and you can use it while charging. 

what do you mean by musical? im contemplating whether or not to get a zo, as the bass boost begins at around 300-400 hz, as opposed to the other amps i own (e11, cmoy) who boost starting froom 1khz, which changes the music noticeably, imho. but im wondering if its worth it... headphonia seem to think it cuts out the very high, and more importantly - the very low frequencies, is this noticeable? iv also read that its kinda weak as an amp, i have 250 ohm dt770s, who arent THAT hard to drive, but i have noticed the e11 has to be on high gain in order to drive them to very high volumes... could i have your input?

Quote:

i dont think that song sounds anything like glitch or dubstep. maybe drum and bass, but i definitely agree its more a breakbeat track, just a calmer one. to be honest, i cant really think of any off the top of my head, but iv found that tracks combining dnb and breakbeat can be really really cool. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #295 of 1,489
No adamlr, thanks ALOT for that. Right now I'm after Beat and I'm loving it!!

Yes, the K167's handles software EQ'ing very well (as well as hardware EQ - amps). I'm the EQ guy so I can speak.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #297 of 1,489
Quote:
on the AKG website it says the k267s will be out in December... so I'm guessing around christmas time? I can't wait for them >_<

Yes, maybe. Meanwhile, if you want to taste a bit of it for a fraction of the cost, I'm selling my K167's :p

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #298 of 1,489
How do these sound through the K167?

I love that song.

Can anyone compare them with the HD25? I find the HD25 too have too much sibilance (not on the track I posted though). I run the HD25 through an E11.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #300 of 1,489
Quote:
No adamlr, thanks ALOT for that. Right now I'm after Beat and I'm loving it!!

Yes, the K167's handles software EQ'ing very well (as well as hardware EQ - amps). I'm the EQ guy so I can speak.

your the eq guy? may i have your opinion on the performance of the zo?

anyway, in a couple of months i get a bonus, and the k167s are definitely on the shortlist of cans to be considered. great thread, i been lurking on it from the very beginning XD

im glad you like breakbeat, i only listen to it from time to time, but i think its a great genre that allows alot of creativity and room to think outside the box. people do go too far with it sometimes though, venetian snares can really go crazy on some of his tracks, i cant listen to everything he produces.

heres one more recommendation, as iv already named 2 out of 3 breakbeat groups i actually know, i thought id name the 3rd aswell. enduser are by far my favorite though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back