AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #139 of 1,489
Quote:
OMG, the details, these headphones really makes me want to listen to my entire collection all over again, Diana Krall has never sounded so good.
These should sell like hotcakes, I'm very impressed.
More later
smily_headphones1.gif

DJ endorsed cans that good on jazz? come on,,, How it sounds with electronicas , hip hop , R&B? less bassy?
Almost K550 performances (less quantity bass)?
I'm expecting quality Beats performance rather than polite K550 actually

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #140 of 1,489
It is polite K550.

EDIT: Hey, alpha10, enjoying Diana Krall alot with these. In fact these cans SHINE on jazz. You got to listen to Lee Ritenour (Complete Discography - simply amazing. Pay atention to the realism of the cymbals)

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #142 of 1,489
As I wrote earlier, these DO NOT sound like DJ headphones at all, the sound like HIFI headphones for audiophiles :)

DJ endorsed cans that good on jazz? come on,,, How it sounds with electronicas , hip hop , R&B? less bassy?
Almost K550 performances (less quantity bass)?
I'm expecting quality Beats performance rather than polite K550 actually

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #144 of 1,489
Keep in mind that these headphones aren't simply DJ branded. For example, David Guetta branded beats with dre (mixr) but you will never see Guetta with them in a studio or at a gig.

Tiesto (apparently) was very involved in the process and he has been using K167/267's for months of live shows and recording.

Tiesto also likes treble (he keys more off treble than bass queues) so it would make sense that the high end is pretty refined.

I'm trying to find a pair here in Canada as we speak.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #145 of 1,489
I need some video reviews guys. The only thing I like more than reading reviews are video reviews!

Actually, you guys have me totally geeked on these. Like I said I had gone through about 10 different models that I had convinced myself to buy in the last month and had finally sold myself on the Ultrasone Pro 750s, until now. These will be the ones. Priced right where I wanted, treble where I wanted. Bass where I wanted. Corded cable, everything.

Again, all its missing for me is the case and detachable cable. (I know the 267 has that)

I love these are over ears too and not on ears. That has to help with the comfort.

Now, I need to ask for an e11 and new ipod (mine broke a month ago) for xmas and I'm good to go.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #146 of 1,489
Quote:
Keep in mind that these headphones aren't simply DJ branded. For example, David Guetta branded beats with dre (mixr) but you will never see Guetta with them in a studio or at a gig.

Tiesto (apparently) was very involved in the process and he has been using K167/267's for months of live shows and recording.

Tiesto also likes treble (he keys more off treble than bass queues) so it would make sense that the high end is pretty refined.

I'm trying to find a pair here in Canada as we speak.

Best post in this thread ; )

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #148 of 1,489
Hi Miow...I'm really excited about this series after reading so many good things about it. I'm thinking also to wait for the k267...it might be a good investment for many years to come and the extra money might be worth :).

My questions is...what is your source when you listened to the K167? Maybe you have a special setup why they sound so good?
biggrin.gif

Did you use also an amplifier?
Have you tried them also with a portable player?

I'm asking because I really wish to invest in a K267, but won't have enough money also for a good sound card for the PC in the near future...I just have a regular built-in one at this moment. And I was wondering how important is the source in this case. Of course, music should be all FLAC or similar.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back