AKG K 317
Jul 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

pire

New Head-Fier
I ‘m listening to a new pair of AKG,the k317 buds for about 2 days.
It’s my first earbud that I own , so it’s a new world for me.
Phones I know well are the K501 (8 years). K240s ,k240m DT440 (2006), HD600 and have also listen to some others.
The k317 as AKG claims is identical to k319 without the volume control.
The only other earbud I have here with me is a LG buds from my viewty cell phone ..
On to the sound : It is detailed, powerful (maybe too much), with a nice soundstage and a very balanced sound overall.
Highs are smooth,no great extension and maybe recessed , but they seem to be accurate .
Mids are somehow AKG’s, detailed with nice tone and have the first word in presentation, articulate and with grip.
Lows are the most impressive here, articulate,punchy, and fast.
Maybe the lower mids have a peak
Overall,is a very involving and fast sound and a bit dark with clarity
Is it perfect ?
What is ?
As much as ike it so far, I would say there is a so forward presentation that can cause me fatigue, sound gets in my brain,also it hearts my ears,but I quess it’s not a problem cause my ears are not big enough.
But as I said ,have no experience with buds so I can’t say any more.
Forgive my English.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 18
Thanks for the impressions pire!

I've been quite interested in both these and the K319 for some time now, and at least the K319 was supposed to be released here in the US. However, it seems that AKG/Harman USA have completely forgot about the press release they issued in January stating that these and other models would be released in March. Well, that was four months ago, and the email I sent to AKG a week or two ago went unanswered. I guess Harman doesn't want my money...

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 18
I don't get it either. The parent company of AKG, Harman International, is headquartered here in the US, so it makes even less sense.

As for Grado, well, they seem to be hard to find outside of the US, and when they are available, they're sold at a significant markup. It's probably better just to go with an Allesandro.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 18
One is a neckstrap and the specs are quite different. So not identical.

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 18
Dear Pire,

Thank you for contacting AKG.
The K 317 and the K 319 are identical regarding sound and technically as
well.

Kind regards

Horst Werner
AKG hotline
hotline@akg.com

I listened to both and yes,they do sound sound about the same

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Pire,

Thank you for contacting AKG.
The K 317 and the K 319 are identical regarding sound and technically as
well.

Kind regards

Horst Werner
AKG hotline
hotline@akg.com

I listened to both and yes,they do sound sound about the same

Thanks, I wonder why they are listed with different specs?

Aug 17, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #11 of 18
Hello,
I´m quite interested in these earbuds. I don´t like the feeling of beeing totally isolated from the action around me. Unfortunately there are only very few earbuds out there which are made on really high standard. Brands design in-ear after in-ear, but don´t seem to be willing to develope better buds.
AKG seems to be an exception. Actually I own a Sennheiser MX 500 - will the AKG K 317 a big step up?
During my researches thruogh the internet I saw the Yuin Pk3, another affordable alternative. Do you think the Yuin would be better for me? I mainly hear to classical music and jazz, also very often to indie and sometimes rock.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 18
Dunno how yours but my first k319 left earbud stoped play any sound after 2 months.. I have send it back and got replacement same k319 but after 2 days my right earbud stopped playing any sound What :O
I think the problem is in placement of the cable which is under the speaker because it goes to the edge of earbud inbetween the edge of speaker and the earbud body and both are metalic and when you put your earbud into your ears you will push it and I dont know if I was pushing it too much and maybe it disconnected the cable. I am not talking about using power I mean normal usage.
Seems like I got bad series or these are too fragile earbuds. I have my replacement k319 laying at the table dead and I will not even bother to send it back again and rather get something other btw it is quite sad because I liked the full bodyed and detailed sound of k319.
Just curious anyone else got such problems with k319/k317?

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have k319, but the sound is nothing special

What you mean by nothing special?
I have found that they were sounding fantastic full mids, clear and detailed highs, pure bass and nice soundstage overall full body sound at least that is what I hear of sansa fuze without amp. As ive said in previous post too bad that they are made too fragile I will miss them much but I dont want to risk another unexpected and too easy dead of them.

/sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back