akg k 272 HD VS audio technica ath-m50 headphones. Which is better?
May 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cole48

New Head-Fier
I was wanting a upgrade from my sony mdr xb-700 headphones. I started looking on amazon for headphones for around $200 and came down to these two. I mostly listen to dubstep, rap, and sometimes rock. :) I also have a fiio e7 amp fyi. If you can think of a Better choice of headphones, please tell me. Thanks

May 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 5
The AKGs would not be good for dubstep, be so-so for rap, but be better for rock. Id say go for the M50, even though I personally liked the 272HD better.

May 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 5
For bass-heavy stuff, the M50's would likely be a better choice. It is worth mentioning, however, that the M50's aren't going to give you nearly as much bass as the XB700's.

Personally, I'd recommend the Ultrasone HFI-580's over the M50's. They have more bass than them (still not quite as much as the XB700's, but it's much more controlled) and have better mids as well.

If you don't mind losing some bass, and are looking to improve the overall sound quality, I'd recommend the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's over all of them. They still have plenty of bass, but the mids are more brought-out, and the highs a little smoother. Not to mention they are among the most comfortable headphones out there. A worthy successor to the XB700's in a lot of ways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back