AKG Announces N60 NC Wireless and N20 NC Headphone @ CES 2017
Jan 6, 2017 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

AxelCloris

Head-Fi TV Producer and Presenter
Administrator
AKG has added to their line of headphones this week with the announcement of the N60 NC Wireless and N20 NC headphones.

The N60 NC Wireless is, as the name implies, a revision of AKG's N60 NC sans wire. The N60 NC Wireless features an active noise cancellation (ANC) system that was specifically designed with frequent fliers in mind. Like the original, the N60 NC Wireless can fold down to fit inside compact carry-on luggage. It features a 30 hour battery life which means it can last the duration of even the longest international flights, and should it run out of charge there's an included cable for wired use as well.

The AKG N60 NC Wireless will be available in April for $299 USD.

If wireless isn't your thing, AKG has also announced a new wired noise cancelling headphone, the N20 NC. Like the N60 NC Wireless, this it an ANC on-ear headphone for those who spend a lot of time traveling. The N20 NC has a 20 hour battery life and will continue to play music without the noise cancelling if batteries are empty. 

The AKG N20 NC will be available this summer for $199 USD.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 15
It just looks like they added BT to the existing N60 NC, and the N20 basically is what the N60 NC was.

http://us.akg.com/N60+NC.html?dwvar_N60%20NC_color=Black#start=1

May 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #12 of 15
I've been tempted by the N20U for a year now, they look so beautiful. I have an Android phone and an iPad so the remote compatibility is a big selling point--although most of my music listening is on Android. I assume that even with ANC off on the N20 ANC, it would sound different from the standard N20U?

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #14 of 15
Both are now available at B&H and I believe AKG's own webstore has them as well. Just ordered the N20 NC, can't wait to try them on my flight this weekend.

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #15 of 15
I've had mine for just about a month. NC is pretty good and these are beautiful in-ears. EDIT: Thought I had a problem with the remote not working 100% on my Galaxy S7, but I really should have cleaned my headphone jack first.

I do wish the cord was a little longer, and the point connecting the headphones to the battery box has some wear from being bent in the storage box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back