Jan 23, 2006 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Banfi T.

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

my father-in-law use his TV rather loudly so I thought of two preventive steps:

1, He gets a wireless phone for his birthday / this weekend
smily_headphones1.gif

2, I buy a closed phone

Step 1 is organised and about to happen, but step 2 is still a question. I am AKG follower and therefore I searched for a used 271s. I even managed to find one, but my problem is whether they are hard to rewire to balanced operation or not. As I see on the pictures it has a 3 pole mini XLR connector and I can't imagine how to get rid of it without seriously damaging the phone. Is there any experince out there regarding this issue? I am not going back to unbalanced, that is for sure...

Jan 23, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 7
RnB Audio hardwires cable to them....he's a member here - why not see what he has to say. Thus far there has not been a good pic of the new connection connection (exterior).

Jan 23, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 7
they sell mini-XLR's in 4-pin configurations so you can probably swap out the current one with one from a switchcraft assembly? I assume the pins and the holder for these pins in the K271 socket can be removed / replaced easily.

Jan 23, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
they sell mini-XLR's in 4-pin configurations so you can probably swap out the current one with one from a switchcraft assembly? I assume the pins and the holder for these pins in the K271 socket can be removed / replaced easily.

That would be the best case...I hope they are not custom made (especially the socket).

Jan 23, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
havent opened a 271 before.

is the return is sharing the same joint, you might have to open up both sides and recable it dual entry.

Thanks for the info. The common joint point was not a problem with 501, it is still cabled on just one side. Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back