AKG 271 vs DT 770 ear cup size?
Nov 30, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 6
DT770 cups are bigger and deeper than on K271.

On K271 my ear doesn't fully fit inside the pads and my ear also touched the cloth on top the driver enclosure.

DT770 are fully circumaural for me. I don't have particularly big or protruding ears.

May 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they much bigger, are you able to compare with the ATH A900?s

i see you were thinking the same way i did. I also liked the fact K271's cups are smaller
3000smile.gif
My ears are small to fit it
smily_headphones1.gif
However no more luck with these headphones:
1) the ear touches the inner area, which is irritating
2) thanks to pleather, the ear sweats a lot
so comfort was not ok, although in the beginning it loooked its gonna be wonderful - not much pressure from cups, 3d mechanism..
i returned them for also these reasons:
3) lacking bass, uncontrollable by EQ (after serious burn-in), signifficantly less than "bass-free" PX200's which showed a lot of precise bass after burn-in
4) generally the sound is not a big step from PX200's and not as funny too! No soundstage, although the vocals are nice as well as the listening quality on different volume levels.
5) isolation is crap! I was surprised to see PX200 blocks the sound two times better
I decided to have no more pleather (during summer, i have to drop headphones every 15mins!). No more boring sound. I'm waiting for DT770's. I'm a KOSS-hater, but bassmeisters should be better than headphones that will never show any bass! K271 simply dont have potential for basses - EQ wont fix it, nor headamp! I rather risk overbassed headphones where i can set it to lower levels with EQ, than wait years for phones bass to show up..
i wish HD25 sounded better, Id buy them, because they are so light and have same ear design as PX200..

May 28, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they much bigger, are you able to compare with the ATH A900?s

and yes, I dont want A900s because they have the god-damn pleather
evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see you were thinking the same way i did. I also liked the fact K271's cups are smaller
3000smile.gif
My ears are small to fit it
smily_headphones1.gif
However no more luck with these headphones:
1) the ear touches the inner area, which is irritating
2) thanks to pleather, the ear sweats a lot
so comfort was not ok, although in the beginning it loooked its gonna be wonderful - not much pressure from cups, 3d mechanism..
i returned them for also these reasons:
3) lacking bass, uncontrollable by EQ (after serious burn-in), signifficantly less than "bass-free" PX200's which showed a lot of precise bass after burn-in
4) generally the sound is not a big step from PX200's and not as funny too! No soundstage, although the vocals are nice as well as the listening quality on different volume levels.
5) isolation is crap! I was surprised to see PX200 blocks the sound two times better
I decided to have no more pleather (during summer, i have to drop headphones every 15mins!). No more boring sound. I'm waiting for DT770's. I'm a KOSS-hater, but bassmeisters should be better than headphones that will never show any bass! K271 simply dont have potential for basses - EQ wont fix it, nor headamp! I rather risk overbassed headphones where i can set it to lower levels with EQ, than wait years for phones bass to show up..
i wish HD25 sounded better, Id buy them, because they are so light and have same ear design as PX200..

Velour pads and proper amplification fix all these problems. With all that they are the best closed under $300. I went pretty much through all of them as you can see in sig, they all are long gone now, but K271S continue amazing me with what they can do in the right setup, esp recabled with Zu Mobius.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back