AK Support and Troubleshooting
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Leftbehind

100+ Head-Fier
I've have had an AK300 for about a year now and the device has begun bootlooping, sitting at the spinning 'A'. I have a number of Android based devices in the past and in the rare event that this happens this can almost always be fixed by a system restore from the recovery menu, or even as easy as removing the battery.
Worst case scenario, unless it's a hardware issue you can use ADB/Fastboot to reinstall the operating system.

Unfortunately, with the AK300 there is no documentation on the recovery menu and no recovery tools.

You'd think when you pay this kind of money they would have some sort of restore tool for PC, readily available roms, or at least some sort recovery mode described in the manual that can be done from outside the OS. This is provided by every android based cell phone and tablet manufacturer, even the old iPod, yet this is not available from AK. Without a service center in my area, I'd be charged nearly $200 for the software reinstall and $50+ for shipping. Seems like a cash grab when this type of information could be made accessible, and nearly always is.

I tried asking to ask support if recovery was possible and if so, how. Support chose not to acknowledge the question and requested I send it in.

Has anyone found a way to get into the recovery menu for the AK300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back