AK sr25 - downloading content from TIDAL (Offline mode)
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Edyeded86

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 7, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm pretty sure what you want is NOT possible. Otherwise, Tidal would be a download service, not a streaming service. Unilateral unlimited downloading, at the total discretion of a Tidal user, is not in their market model.

The people I know who've snatched music from Tidal used an ADC recorder (the opposite of a DAC). If you think that's less than an ideal way to get digital music downloads, you're correct.

EDIT: I believe the A&K instructions are simply explaining how to independently play the buffer from a single song that was streamed. I doubt that it's a recipe for consistent downloading.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 10
Hey guys,

Realised that the
I'm pretty sure what you want is NOT possible. Otherwise, Tidal would be a download service, not a streaming service. Unilateral unlimited downloading, at the total discretion of a Tidal user, is not in their market model.

The people I know who've snatched music from Tidal used an ADC recorder (the opposite of a DAC). If you think that's less than an ideal way to get digital music downloads, you're correct.

EDIT: I believe the A&K instructions are simply explaining how to independently play the buffer from a single song that was streamed. I doubt that it's a recipe for consistent downloading.
Hey,

I've figured it out - Tidal do allow downloads onto the AK25.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 10
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 10
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 10
You'll need to download the APK file from A&K's website. It'll install a version that's closer to the experience on your smartphone.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 10
Hi,

I'm curious to know how you got offline mode to work on Tidal through SR25. Please kindly share the steps you went through. Thanks!
Hey,

Looks like the guys below beat me to the punch!

Hope that answers your question.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 10
You'll need to download the APK file from A&K's website. It'll install a version that's closer to the experience on your smartphone.
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know if the SR25 requires xapk versus the standard apk? My unit does not seem to recognize standard apks. Does anyone have a link to downloading the xapk installer?
https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/news/open-app-service-instructions

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back