AK Rosie underwhelming
Apr 27, 2018 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bennyrunner

New Head-Fier
Picked up a set of used AK Rosie headphones. Compared to my SE846 they sound terrible. Using an SP1000 with both and they are really underwhelming.

I have custom sleeves on the SE846’s so the fit is perfect but wasn’t expecting the Rosie’s to be so poor sounding in comparison.

Would different tips make a difference before I give up on them?

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Very different signature versus SE846 ==> huge probability of disappointement.

Always demo before you buy $500+ IEMs.

Angies would have been closer to your SE846.

Give your brain some time to adjust, you never know.

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 7
Sadly some people here just buy on hype (because they dont/cant audit the iems beforehand) add to that the fact that most users don't have access to other iems so they just praise something in comparison to other iems they already have. Always go with reviewers who have access to hundred of iems to test and compare to so u can ask questions about sound signature etc

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Agree. I was believing that they would be like studio monitors and everything else would be poor in comparison. I guess you learn.

Rule of thumb, wait for the hype to calm down before splashing the cash. It's all good and well to watch/read reviews for the sake of information, but I've come to learn that it pays off to have some patience. After around 2 months, that's when you get to see problems emerge and/or more realistic impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back