AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #706 of 735
Mine did not have this problem with latest updated firmware.

Only time I heard the clicking noise was on receiving my used player.
Did a full factory reset and problem solved.

OK, I’ll go ahead and update. Thank you.

May 6, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #712 of 735
As I'm not using my 240SS anymore (the SP1000SS gets all my time), I'm (shhhhh) selling it. If interested, see my sig below for details.

May 7, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #713 of 735
My 240SS’s built in storage is filled, but I needed to do a little maintenance today and the Android File Transfer app being 32 bit means it won’t work with the new version of macOS coming later this year. I know there are other paid apps for Mac available that will perform the same function and wondered if anyone was using one and if it is a 64 bit app.

May 7, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #715 of 735
I use Commander One. Not sure what bit, but it just had an update to work with the newest OS. Much better than AFT.

Thank you for your reply, I’ll check Commander One out (the name sounds like a toy, or something :beyersmile:). I’ll post back about 64 bit.

I had forgotten about this upcoming detail with Apple and its desire to vanquish all 32 bit apps, first with iOS, and now with Mac. When I opened Android File Transfer, a dialog box came up saying the developer needs to update this app. Surprisingly, I went to the app’s site and downloaded a new version, but the same dialog box appeared.

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #717 of 735
That's a known issue on some 240ss devices. The cost of repair is nominal. You'll need to contact and then ship it to A&K for repair if you can't live with it. You can also change the volume from the screen.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #718 of 735
now, my ak240ss the volume knob being abit loose which causes the volume to jump around erratically sometimes instead of increasing/decreasing linearly when I try to change the volume. how should I do?

Yes, as old dude states, this is a known issue with the 240 in all versions. The volume wheel is not an ordinary potentiometer, but an optical encoder. So first of all, it isn’t unusual for it to be a bit loose, sample to sample comparisons will differ. Regarding the volume jumping or decreasing, try this first: shut down your 240SS then spin the volume wheel several times while blowing into the gap between the wheel and chassis. Do this for about 30 seconds or so.

After power up, you may find the volume wheel works as it should. If it doesn’t, then contact iriver in Southern CA and they can take care of it for you.

By the way, the method I mentioned has worked for me a few times, but now that I use my SS strictly as a transport into a Mojo, I use the Mojo to change the volume. Good luck!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #720 of 735
He's in Thailand. Maybe better to send it to the home office.

Of course, yes. I should have thought about looking at his location based on his user name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back