AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread
Mar 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #46 of 735
The purpose of the clock is purely to measure only how much battery is left very acuretly.

Well I was asking you to explain how the atomic watch and the battery usage are connected . I already told you what an atomic watch is and I don't believe it has a place in such device .
Still maybe you know something I don't so please enlighten me.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #48 of 735
"Atomic level clock "..not exactly "atomic watch " as you said it but ...it's there .
Now that's no proof that is has anything to do with the battery  .Not even  you weren't able to properly explain what the hell this is and  probably only  Lotoo ppl know what they meant by it.
I would bet on "let's  use some big words for commercial impact "  but , hey , that's just me.
Now I will stop with this subject in this thread .

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #50 of 735
Well when I had the DAP was very accurate at displaying the remaining battery time depending on the file codec you were listening.
Anyone can compare AK240 to Paw?

I have compared my AK 240 SS and Lotoo Paw Gold

High :
Ak 240 :
Better high extension with excellent rendering , better clarity
Better high presentation .

Mid :
Ak 240 :
Is sweeter and better clarity , cleaner and clearer mid
Excellent pronounce

Bass :
Ak 240 :
Better bass detail and cleaner bass and better bass impact and speed

Separation :
Ak 240 has better music separation , that we can detect easily individual instrument placement

Sound stage :
Ak 240 :
Wider and taller and Better depth like in big concert hall
Lotoo Paw Gold :
Narrow soundstage

Overall :
Lotoo Paw Gold :
Harrow soundstage , overall clarity is like The orchestra play behind The curtain .
SQ a bit Harsh

AK 240 SS
So Far as My Best DAP on The market to date

IMO

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #51 of 735
my experience with SS is the same, glad to share the experience.
Sadly there are many who have not heard it but keep saying there are no difference.

Sometime i cant decide if I like Hugo or SS better

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #53 of 735
Get both the Hugo and the new 240 and use them together lol!

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #54 of 735
Jlbrach you may laugh out loud but i am in the process of buying a chord hugo right now and before summer is over i will also buy the stainless steel ak 240 to be paired together for my fostex th900 which i have already.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #55 of 735
Jlbrach you may laugh out loud but i am in the process of buying a chord hugo rofht now and before summer is over i will also buy the stainless steel ak 240 to be paired together for my fostex th900 which i have already.

The 240 in and of itself is outrageously expensive but i have one because I think it is an outstanding product.....to me it makes zero sense to buy a 240 and pair it with a chord hugo....why not just buy an AK100 and use it with the hugo?I dont get it?

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #56 of 735
Once HUGO connected to ak240ss with optical out will running individually from HUGO Dac chips and sound will be totally different from what ak240ss produce. Yes, is better off just get a ak120ll as a combination and save lots of money.

Hugo is a great DAC but not really for portable use after a while use, you will just keep it as home use as what I did and some of my friends as well.

With the money you spend personal opinion,I think just spend it with a good headphones Dac amp. Such as Burson conductor virtuoso have sufficient power for headphones as well speaker use and cost the same as Hugo.

As for the sound you will get more then what you expect from Hugo and you will get a 100% out from the what ever brand headphones you are using.

Just do a test at the shops and try it out but yourself.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #57 of 735
Hello Rudi thands for the feedback, I have not tried the SS, but compared the Lotoo to the AK240 and it is true the Lotoo stage is a bit more narrow. However, I do not find it veiled, it is more that the Lotoo has a deeper soundstage, so mids come from further. The 240 wins in clarity anyways but I wonder if the Lotoo does not have better driving power for cans.

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #58 of 735
Jlbrach you may laugh out loud but i am in the process of buying a chord hugo right now and before summer is over i will also buy the stainless steel ak 240 to be paired together for my fostex th900 which i have already.

I use my AK240SS with my in-ears on the move. 
At home or at work, Hugo will be attached to it and I use my open-back headphones. So its a great combination.

The AK can drive my LCD-3f but I can hear that its straining and not getting the best out of it. 

But if want to exclusively use Hugo, then maybe getting a cheaper transport like FiiO X5 will do the job nicely. 
I use S3 iPhone 6 with Hugo also as it is lighter in combination and better UI.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #59 of 735
hey somphon, now saying your last which is a great idea; maybe do you think a cayin N6 or maybe a ipod touch 5th 64GB with onkyo app would be a very nice & cost effective pairing with the hugo?

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #60 of 735
[COLOR=FF0000]Jlbrach you may laugh out loud but i am in the process of buying a chord hugo rofht now and before summer is over i will also buy the stainless steel ak 240 to be paired together for my fostex th900 which i have already.[/COLOR]

The 240 in and of itself is outrageously expensive but i have one because I think it is an outstanding product.....to me it makes zero sense to buy a 240 and pair it with a chord hugo....why not just buy an AK100 and use it with the hugo?I dont get it?

The SQ different is noticeable Either i use AK 100 or AK 240 SS .
If For you The different is not noticeable , than very lucky you No need to buy AK 240 SS as source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back